Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

New song! "Pure Perfection"

That song sounded so freakin' cool! Fuck the Norweigen person who got a hold of it though....I'm not listening or sharing the song at all anymore because of how upset Reg is about the whole ordeal (resisting the intense urge to give in). Hopefully I can burst out into tears of joy when the musical is released officially when it's done.....I can't wait for some new Regina material!

A few places on tumblr still have it. The mirrors on tumblr are slowly taken down. I'd expect they'll be gone soon. I think there was some benefit in this - a nice bit of attention and taste of the musical.

I don't consider this sharing it, just pointing out it's still up. Understand that Regina doesn't like people hearing her unpolished demos and the musical producers may or may not like an unauthorized snippet of it getting out. Where you actively try to locate or listen is your personal choice.

She has this ability to write every kind of music. Hardly anything she writes sounds the same. And even though she includes a lot more instruments and sounds in her music than she used to, she still can do so much variety with the most minimal of production. Her creative brain is more than most people. She has less inhibitions than most people. What she chooses to do she just does.

And anticipation for what she does next is such a high. You just never know what it's gonna be. As long as what we wait for finally comes, the anticipation is always so exciting. Regina is just so different than other musical acts. I sure am glad to belong to a site where other people get that. I have a feeling we are in for an amazing next year.

^^Agreed, Tony--she's been busy underground, getting so much together, i know it's gonna be a huge year, and i hope, personally, to see a new shade in the Regina rainbow!

From the comments about this leaked demo, it's apparently something unique from her other work (but like you said, isn't it always?). I hope she keeps that up! I love being surprised by regina.. on far(t), i was pleasantly surprised by eet and laughing with upon first listens, and i eagerly await the next rush of that sort. It's not just that she's unpredictable, you can always feel that she believes in what she's doing.

I have mixed feelings about Pure Perfection's leak.. somewhere between "gaah! New regina!!" and "aw, but she doesn't want us to hear." But there's a little part of me that vaguely feels that it's not a finished product of something she'll need to support herself.. It's not a finished product that'll go for $1.29 or whatever on iTunes. It's just a demo for a song from an upcoming musical. Seeing as it's from an early (or early-ish) stage in the creative process, it'll likely sound totally different in the production (she's not singing in Beauty, is she?) Which makes the demo a unique little gem for those of us who grasp at every justifiable Regina straw we find. It's not stealing--it's an unfinished demo of something that'll be quite different in the end.

Plus, how mainstream/available will Beauty be? I'll be out of the country at the start of the year, and even if i'm back in the U.S. when Beauty comes out, i'll likely never get to see it. I'm willing to buy a soundtrack if there is one..

In conclusion, i'm morbidly curious about this little track, and don't want to feel too bad about listening to it if i so choose. It's something unique from the finished product, i'm forced to assume, and i really just want to hear it!

/end ramble. Sorry for the length of that lol Frowner

"a new shade in the Regina rainbow" I like that.

I always want to do right by Regina, but it was kinda fun getting a little taste of something new. Smiler

With the musical, I always hear her say she's writing the music but not the words. I was always slighty disappointed by that. BUT... I've never heard her comment about if she's doing the singing. That would fix everything!! Smiler And just maybe 'Pure Perfection' is some proof. (if it's even for the musical) Who knows. Fun to speculate. We do that a lot around here. We get antsy. Smiler Can't wait for whatever we're gonna get. For some reason I just have this notion she's gonna slam us with some cool stuff coming up.

Poor thing. She works so hard and we can never get enough of her. Hopefully she's gotten some relaxation in there somewhere this year

Not sure where to discuss this. A new leaked song while I was gone! I couldn't resist using my google-fu to listen to it on a flash player on tumblr.

quote:
Regina Spektor - "Dead of Night" Track 3 - likely from the musical 'Beauty'.

In the dead of night

when the crowds are gone

through these ghostly streets

I meander on

I can hear a voice

from a world, a world away.

It begins to rise

as the twilight fades

through the chain-link fences and barricades

I can hear a voice

in the dead of night.