Sign in to follow this  
almostspotless

HIAS Benefit - 2/23/11

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

The venue doesn't allow recording. Taking photos is also forbidden, according to their website. How will you manage?

The same way I managed at the Apple Store, but with a working battery in my lavalier mic.

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

I don't know your situation and I don't want to seem rude, but if I was doing work and not getting paid on-time every-time, I'd be out getting a new job as expeditiously as possible.

At least that way you don't have to worry about getting screwed again the next time Regina does a concert.

Yes, trust me, I am not going to take another week without pay, I just feel like I have to give them a little extra slack since it is family that I live next door to.. but that's most certainly running thin since they seem to not really care about keeping me anyway.

interview was put together by HIAS. It's titled: myStory:Regina Spektor.

quote:
Russian-born Jewish singer-songwriter Regina Spektor reflects on her immigration to New York in 1989--from the fantasies she and her cousin had about moving to the tropics to the realities of adjusting to life in the Bronx, where their new Jewish community became an extension of her family.

Regina came to the United States through HIAS, an organization that rescues, resettles, and reunites vulnerable refugees. Her interview is part of HIAS' myStory project; view more videos at www.myStory.hias.org.

In addition, all $258 tickets are tax deductible in the amount of $138.

Wish I could go! Jealous of you New Yorkers (or living-close-to New Yorkers). Wink

I was bored so I got directions from Google Maps, for my house to the Frederick P. Rose Hall.

It's only about 25,000km (15,534 miles).. 212 day walk. And a little bit of kayaking over the Pacific Ocean. Smiler

quote:
It's only about 25,000km (15,534 miles).. 212 day walk. And a little bit of kayaking over the Pacific Ocean. Smiler

Haha. I had a good laugh. Thank you.

For me, it's a little bit of kayaking over the Atlantic Ocean. Wink

Maybe this could helps us :

1046059_rubber_ring.jpg

Anyway, I wish there will be a new tour after the new album ! (please)

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

Impressively fast turn-around on the tickets Smiler

jazz_hias.jpg

Well, mine are the same as yours up to which door I enter. Almost a whole alphabet back.

But it ill be, I am certain, a great night.