Sign in to follow this  
almostspotless

HIAS Benefit - 2/23/11

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

wouldn't it be fun to be rich and just follow her to every concert she does?

Yes, it would be fun to be in that position, but being rich and following her to every concert are actually orthogonal. I went to nearly every show in the US on her two tours between the Fall of '06 and the Summer of '08, on only the income I had from my underpaying job in college. It really wasn't that expensive.

At the time I had an apartment in California and I could also stay with my parents in Pennsylvania, so it was easy to get to anything in the northeast and the southwest, which covered the large majority of shows.

quote:
Originally posted by Kateateyou:

It's only about 25,000km (15,534 miles).. 212 day walk. And a little bit of kayaking over the Pacific Ocean. Smiler

Smiler You're unlucky, I'll be there, my ticket has just arrived and only 7.300 km to go from my house to Frederick Rose Hall! Wink

P.S.Hello all, It's my first post, my name is Marcello (Oh, Marcello!... Razzer ), I'm from Messina, Italy... My english is awful, so I'm forced to be a lurker, sorry... But of course me too I love Regina ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by marci:

Smiler You're unlucky, I'll be there, my ticket has just arrived and only 7.300 km to go from my house to Frederick Rose Hall! Wink

P.S.Hello all, It's my first post, my name is Marcello (Oh, Marcello!... Razzer ), I'm from Messina, Italy... My english is awful, so I'm forced to be a lurker, sorry... But of course me too I love Regina ;-)

Hello! It is good to have you here! Are you really coming all the way from Italy?! That's dedication, but she is totally worth it. =)

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Hello! It is good to have you here! Are you really coming all the way from Italy?! That's dedication, but she is totally worth it. =)

Yessss!!! It will be my first live concert of Regi, so I'm very excited Big Grin

Ah, and I'm agree with you: she deserves it!

quote:
Originally posted by marci:

Yessss!!! It will be my first live concert of Regi, so I'm very excited Big Grin

Ah, and I'm agree with you: she deserves it!

Well, you're certainly starting things off right!

Have you been to New York before? Do you have friends in the area? They great thing about brumstix is that even if you come alone, from across the ocean, you'll have a dozen local friends the moment you arrive at the venue Smiler

The New Yorker suggests we are in for something very special. (I hope they are right about the new stuff):

Goings On About Town: Night Life

Regina Spektor

Feb. 23: The songs of the spellbinding Russian-American singer and pianist Regina Spektor reach beyond standard pop-music boundaries, delivering honest and intelligent lyrics in a powerful and dynamic voice. At this concert, Spektor will perform material from her forthcoming LP, “What We Saw from the Cheap Seats,” which is due out later this year.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/arts/...heatre#ixzz1ml2V7Czh

The Times, with a star:

★ Regina Spektor (Thursday) Downtown’s anti-folk ingénue packs her ivories and heads to one of the Upper West Side’s most regal halls, Jazz at Lincoln Center, in this benefit for the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, or Hias. It should serve fine, if small-scale, preparation for her spring gig: opening for the quintessential everyman, Tom Petty, on his American arena tour. At 8 p.m., Rose Theater, Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center, 60th Street and Broadway, (212)721-6500, jalc.org; $55 to $250. (Anderson)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02...=1&sq=spektor&st=cse