Sign in to follow this  
almostspotless

HIAS Benefit - 2/23/11

A certain someone, who shall remain nameless for now, did manage to grab the audio. Hopefully we will hear those files in a few days or so...

Serge, Aaron, Jamie, Kate, Betsy, Patty, Mikaela, awesome spending some time with all of you as usual. Thank you for your friendship...

Cool

quote:
Vids are up!-->Regina Spektor live at the Rose Theater

This is the only angle I could manage, lest I got thrown out.

I'm loving What You Recorded From the Cheap Seats! haha sorry couldn't resist...but thank you very much!! Listening to these all morning...I'm loving the Old Jacket in particular. When do you think the song title list will be released for WWSFTCS? WHY IS IT NOT MAY YET AHHHHH

George I could see you the entire time from above! I was on the top Balcony that circled the stage. As fate had it we were directly behind (and above) Regina, so I saw the top of her head and more importantly full view of her hands playing all night.

I loved the set list. If it wasn't for her coughing between songs (which elicited a collective "Awww"from the audience,) I would have had no idea she was sick. Her voice was incredible.

Random fun moment: A large man in a suit carrying a chair onstage for Poor Little Rich Boy and then promptly removing it after. She has her own chair carrier!

Hey NYCstargirl what box were you in? I was sitting directly behind Regina as well.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Serge, Aaron, Jamie, Kate, Betsy, Patty, Mikaela, awesome spending some time with all of you as usual. Thank you for your friendship...

Cool

Always a pleasure to see you, George. Smiler

Here's the recording to which George alluded:

http://www.respektonline.com/shows.php?s=96

I didn't record this, I just "mastered" the songs. By all rights, it should be on reginaspektor.net, but I can't remember my login, so it's on RSO for now. You may also download a .zip file of the entire show here. Enjoy Smiler

As a special bonus, I dug up my recording of the Housing Works concert/readings from 2011, and I'll post that show tomorrow.

Well, after listening to these other recordings I feel like I might as well throw my hat into the ring. If you can accept some occasional holding-this-camera-inside-a-purse-for-stealth rustling noises you might prefer this recording. Levels are higher, and I do have essentially all of the between-song banter.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hsfmz3

If anyone is interested, you can watch the HIAS video that was shown to the audience before regina played

Box 23

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

Hey NYCstargirl what box were you in? I was sitting directly behind Regina as well.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Cool

Always a pleasure to see you, George. Smiler

Thanks to everyone who shared these songs with us! I hope Regina feels better now.

I was so happy to learn that she played "Oh Marcello". I can't wait for the new album! Smiler

And she played "Music Box"! You are so lucky, I love this song!

(partly because it's a sort of autobiographical song. When I was young I really took a gulp of soapy water.. Then I made this strange noise and soap bubbles came out of my mouth, that was horrible but very funny, Haha.)