Sign in to follow this  
Bartender

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers with Special Guest Regina Spektor

quote:
Originally posted by Rick56:

A guy on dime recorded TP but not 'the opening act' as he called her

How annoying

jeez, that really is the worst... knowing how easily a recording could have existed... it reminds me of when you hear audience noise or something during an old recording or rare song. it drives me crazy, but the poor people have no idea they're throwing away gold!

Just got back to Tulsa after driving to Little Rock to see Regina and Tom. Great show, although a bit short.

My biggest fear, would be me, stomping a mudhole in some redneck dissing Regina, but apart from a few folks in our area commenting "why did Tom pick someone unknown, is he doing a favor for someone?", and a few drunks yelling "Tom Petty, woohoo....." during her set, it wasn't too bad I guess. She looked fantastic, was super charming, and sounded great as always.

That was our fifth time seeing Regina, and third time seeing Tom. We're HUGE fans of both artist, so it was a real treat seeing them both on one night. We were 21 rows back on the floor, so I doubt my pictures will be anything great, but I'll post a few when I get them uploaded.

I just got back from the Orlando show. Regina looked and sounded amazing as usual. There seemed to be a decent amount of Regina fans there which was good to see. The acoustics weren't too hot but I guess that's too be expected in an arena. Either way it was still a great experience to see her live and something I'll never forget.

If anyone is interested in a setlist I can post one later today. I have a very very bad audio recording of the entire show but she didn't play any songs we haven't already heard so unless someone really wants it I'm not going to bother posting it.

quote:
Originally posted by AveryPierce:

I just got back from the Orlando show. Regina looked and sounded amazing as usual. There seemed to be a decent amount of Regina fans there which was good to see. The acoustics weren't too hot but I guess that's too be expected in an arena. Either way it was still a great experience to see her live and something I'll never forget.

If anyone is interested in a setlist I can post one later today. I have a very very bad audio recording of the entire show but she didn't play any songs we haven't already heard so unless someone really wants it I'm not going to bother posting it.

Nice Smiler

Interesting, it seems like Regina is going to keep 'Jessica' under wraps until the album's release (correct me if I'm wrong but its the only new song from cheaps seats she hasn't performed). That either means its something really special or perhaps the arrangement is such that its difficult to replicate live (maybe unique production etc.)