kaoir

Loveology

quote:
Originally posted by SavannahMarie:

My interpretation of this song is rather ridiculous, but I connected everything once day and it all made sense. In my mind, at least.

"Oh, what an incurable humanist you are."

This line (and the emotion in it towards the end) I think, shows a man who is incredibely consume within his work of humanism, and has a lover who is not so optimistic of his work, and wishes he would spend more time in the 'outside' world with her. The way Regina sings this line shows me the emotion of this.

Let's go to the movies and I'll hum you a song about nothing at all.

In this line, I think of the women trying to get her partner to go off and do something together (go to the movies), and try to have a good time of it.

"Nothing at all, nothing at all...", etc (she repeats it)

This is to me, the women saying of how the man continues to only work on his humanism works, without paying any heed to her.

"Sit down class, open up your textbooks to page 42....Love-ology, love-ology..."

This, I believe, is the words of the woman, much later on in life when she is no longer with the humanist man. She is teaching younger people of the importance of a loving relationship and etc, which is what she did not expericence in her previous relationship.

I'm sorry-ology, forgive me-ology, love-ology, love-ology. I'm sorry-ology, forgive me-ology

I think this line, then is the two people in the relationship apoligizing and having regret for giving up on their romance, in which they both made mistakes.

Of course, my theory is more just of a story and idea, because Regina obviously probably has a very different idea of this song, as do we all. And my thoughts are always changing with her songs. Being obsessed with everything she does/writes doesn't really help my changing thoughts. ^.^

I love this song so much. It

My interpretation of this song is rather ridiculous, but I connected everything once day and it all made sense. In my mind, at least.

This line (and the emotion in it towards the end) I think, shows a man who is incredibely consume within his work of humanism, and has a lover who is not so optimistic of his work, and wishes he would spend more time in the 'outside' world with her. The way Regina sings this line shows me the emotion of this.

humamanism is using rationalism and logic rather than faith, so I think this lyric means that she is begging the person she loves to stop being so logical and base their thoughts on emotion and on love. He's incurable; he won't stop rationalizing, reasoning.

In this line, I think of the women trying to get her partner to go off and do something together (go to the movies), and try to have a good time of it.

This is to me, the women saying of how the man continues to only work on his humanism works, without paying any heed to hers"

these lines, to me, represent a shallow representation of love. They're going to the movies. They're not even talking. They're small talking and not really getting to know each other. She's singing about "nothing at all".

"Sit down class, open up your textbooks to page 42....Love-ology, love-ology..."

This, I believe, is the words of the woman, much later on in life when she is no longer with the humanist man. She is teaching younger people of the importance of a loving relationship and etc, which is what she did not expericence in her previous relationship.

Again, the meaning of life (#42). People are being taught about love, emotion, LIFE in school rather than crap. Idk, I just think this is an awesome lyric because it's like Regina is teaching us about life. :)

I'm sorry-ology, forgive me-ology, love-ology, love-ology. I'm sorry-ology, forgive me-ology

"Forgive me, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, to make you seem like I didn't appreciate you and the way you think." Idk, this part just breaks my heart.

I think this line, then is the two people in the relationship apoligizing and having regret for giving up on their romance, in which they both made mistakes.

Of course, my theory is more just of a story and idea, because Regina obviously probably has a very different idea of this song, as do we all. And my thoughts are always changing with her songs. Being obsessed with everything she does/writes doesn't really help my changing thoughts. ^.^

This is to me, the women saying of how the man continues to only work on his humanism works, without paying any heed to her.

This song is so beautiful. The first time I listened to it, I could not stop listening to it.

Porcupine-ology, antler-ology, car-ology, bus-ology, train-ology, plane-ology, mama-ology, papa-ology,you-ology, me-ology, love-ology, kiss-ology, stay-ology, please-ology.

These lines remind me of life-stages, and also perhaps about getting out of useless, material things and focusing on what's more important (what comes later in the stanza) "You ology, me ology" reminds me of identifying oneself, perhaps defining oneself. Then love, and kissing, and forgiveness. And life.

I love Regina Spektor so much. She is just pure genius and an inspiration. I am so grateful I got to see her live.

Sorry about that, I accidentally added things to the quote:

humamanism is using rationalism and logic rather than faith, so I think this lyric means that she is begging the person she loves to stop being so logical and base their thoughts on emotion and on love. He's incurable; he won't stop rationalizing, reasoning.

Again, the meaning of life (#42). People are being taught about love, emotion, LIFE in school rather than crap. Idk, I just think this is an awesome lyric because it's like Regina is teaching us about life. :)