Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsHowItWorks

Vh1's 100 Greatest Women in Music- regina #90!

Haha not creepy at all! I'm honored that you remember me, and every time I get that pang of guilt for not spending more time on the Stix, I think of you specifically. No lie.

It's really nice to see Florence, Regina, Ingrid, Sara B., and Feist, among others, honored by spots on the list, but the ranking itself is strange. Adele so high so early into her career? J. Lo. higher than Kelly Clarkson? Meh.

^agreed.

And that makes me feel so special! Thanks Smiler

I almost never agree with the lineup on countdown lists like these.. in this case, i don't really agree with the content, either!

Ah, well. This is all just to get more attention for certain artists. I doubt too much thought was put into it, at least from the standpoint of numbering.

I think with these kind of lists (and the Grammy's) it's largely based on sales, current popularity, and the demographic of the tv station. People want to see more artists that they recognize.

I thought the segment was really nice though!

How can I put this nicely: It's the stupidest list I've ever seen. I didn't think it was even real at first. It looks like it was made by a 12 year old girl. Fantasia at no. 32?!! Fantasia at all?!! It's idiotic. And whoever wants to defend it can blast the hell out of me, I don't care. Except for Regina of course. Smiler and maybe a few others, I could almost replace the whole entire list with 100 hundred other women not listed. It has to be a joke. I'm still thinking that's what it is. It has to be. It just has to be. Some sites try and say certain women have been left out because it only includes only women of the last 20 years. Well, first of all, the list doesn't specify that in it's title and even if that is true, it's still very very sucky. Fantasia 32 and Norah Jones 33 is the best example of it's suckyness. It's just sucky. Very very sucky. Smiler Did I say sucky? Well, yes, it's sucky, Gargantuanly sucky.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

How can I put this nicely: It's the stupidest list I've ever seen. I didn't think it was even real at first. It looks like it was made by a 12 year old girl. Fantasia at no. 32?!! Fantasia at all?!! It's idiotic. And whoever wants to defend it can blast the hell out of me, I don't care. Except for Regina of course. and maybe a few others, I could almost replace the whole entire list with 100 hundred other women not listed. It has to be a joke. I'm still thinking that's what it is. It has to be. It just has to be. Some sites try and say certain women have been left out because it only includes only women of the last 20 years. Well, first of all, the list doesn't specify that in it's title and even if that is true, it's still very very sucky. Fantasia 32 and Norah Jones 33 is the best example of it's suckyness. It's just sucky. Very very sucky. Did I say sucky? Well, yes, it's sucky, Gargantuanly sucky.

For everyone thinking tl;dr: Tony essentially says, "This list is correct. I find it insightful."

Razzer jk, of course. And i don't think your post was too long, i just wanted to poke fun. I agree they did a terrible job with it Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

For everyone thinking tl;dr: Tony essentially says, "This list is correct. I find it insightful."

Razzer jk, of course. And i don't think your post was too long, i just wanted to poke fun. I agree they did a terrible job with it Smiler

You're funny Smiler

I guess I should have put that under the RANT thread. Smiler I did go a little off. I was in a mood earlier. Smiler It just made me angry reading that list and I had to vent. I'm over it now. Smiler (kind of) Smiler as long as I don't re-read it. Smiler