Sign in to follow this  
Kateateyou

Regina's most poetic/descriptive song?

What would you say is Regina's most poetic, descriptive sort of song? I might do one for an assignment.. but I'm not sure. And also having a definite theme(s). I was thinking maybe Laughing With but I don't know Smiler Any ideas?

What would you say is Regina's most poetic, descriptive sort of song? I might do one for an assignment.. but I'm not sure. And also having a definite theme(s). I was thinking maybe Laughing With but I don't know Smiler Any ideas?

I have drawn on Regina's work a fair amount for assigmnents! It all depends on what you're doing with it

If it's for analysis of some sort, laughing with is pretty good, but also self-explanitory. Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori is another one with a clear theme

There's a fabulous interpretation of Blue Lips in the Lyrics section which i think assigns a great theme to the song (one of my favs lol!)

Scarecrow and Fungus sounds super-random, but the meaning is fairly clear (a girl doesn't get along with a jerk, but he's married/engaged to her sister and the family is supportive because he's rich and prestigious... actually did this one in a short story for a class this semester Smiler)

From the title of this thread, it seems you want something that really paints a picture, so to speak, and i think the best way to go in this case might be Ink Stains. Just a feeling, i suppose Smiler

Another one is Bobbing for Apples if you want something not so heavy. Raindrops is also a good one!

Braille!! Oh, do Braille!

Summer in the City would be good, as well

One More Time With Feeling has a message, though the details of the situation remain ambiguous

December is widely accepted to be from the POV of a divorced person

Hope i helped haha! There are many options from her library!

When I was in the ninth grade, my English class got to play songs that involved metaphors and stuff like that, and I brought "A Lesson in How Fleeting Preservation Is" (or Left Hand Song, although I still don't really call it that).