Sign in to follow this  
sweetness in my lungs

sweetness's music

ooooh, i like that part in "Bit för bit" when your voice is doubled or like it has your own background voices, is there a technical term for that? Anyway,the song sounded so sad, I wanted to know what it was about so I had to look up the lyrics again in english to see (i had only looked at them the first time). And although it's probably even more beautiful to understand in Swedish, i love the lyrics.

Capitial City Rain is a great song, i think it's automatically one of my favorites. i love the feeling it gives me, the gritty sweetness of it, if that makes sense. On soundcloud it says "trumpet noises" by Emil Hallman. Does that mean he used something else to make it sound like a trumpet?

Thank you very much =) in Swedish we call it something like a "vocal dub". I tried to find the English term and found many intersting meanings to the word dub :P But it's basically singing the same thing many times and then pan it so it comes from different directions. It's very common to do with electric guitars in metal for example. And in other styles too. But that heavy, wide oumf feeling in metal guitars is usually many guitars playing the same thing. One in each ear normally.

Hm. Maybe I should make an english version of the Swedish song.

I really appreciate your comment on Capital City Rain! It's good to know it makes you feel something. And he's actually imitating a trumpet using only his mouth Wink

Cool, new songs! Wink

I also like that part in the Swedish song when your voice is doubled!

Your language is really beautiful. It has an interesting variety of tones and it's very nice to hear.

Capital City Rain is a beautiful song, one of my favorites! If you don't mind, could you post the lyrics please?

By the way, the trumpet noises are perfect, your boyfriend did a good job!

thanks for explaining about "vocal dubs"!

quote:
Hm. Maybe I should make an english version of the Swedish song.

hmm, i don't know...i actually really like that i can't understand because i end up paying more attention to the emotions of your voice and the music of it while listening. It's like when Regina sings in Russian, i love it! i can't understand but the emotion in her voice is amplified, and i think there's still a lot of meaning in just hearing and understanding the emotion of a song.

and then after listening to "Bit for Bit" i really wanted to know what the lyrics were and i remembered they were on youtube, so again i ended up paying closer attention, and it can be more meaningful that way. kind of like when something is not as easily accessible or given to you right away, you appreciate it more, you know what i mean? erm, am i being cheesy with all this explanation, am i making sense? :-/

anyway, the Swedish language is beautiful! i wouldn't mind hearing more songs in Swedish...*hint hint* Big GrinWinkNo pressure, of course!

quote:
And he's actually imitating a trumpet using only his mouth

also, ^^whaaaaaat??? ahahaha! when i read this i felt silly for not being able to tell it was just from a mouth and i just smiled. wow, your boyfriend did a great job on the trumpet sounds!

oh yeah, i agree with kaoir, could you post the lyrics to Capital City Rain please?