jesse

Songs that have "slipped through the cracks" & obscure recordings

Regarding the Virgin Queen thing...

"and a couple solo guitar songs ("The Virgin Queen" and "That Time")"

I suspect he didn't know what Bobbin for Apples was called and googled "live song regina spektor sex" or whatever. This was before Live in London, right? Then there was no official recording or title for Bobbin...

(and now I feel like I have to google that...But I don't hunk it's such a good idea.. :P)

So sorry for this major bumping but I was way too intrigued not to ask.. This might be a stupid question, but does any kind of recording exist of those unavailable songs? For example "With the black birds", I have only seen the lyrics, if they even are real.. but has there ever been a recording of that one, or the other ones? I had never heard of Pyromania or The List.

Okay, this made me feel like an idiot Regina fan, but I hope you guys don't mind!

Eek, sorry! I made some more research.. which made this post quite pointless now!

Edited by Lilyfloss

Don't apologize for the bump! It might be nice to bring attention to this thread again, see if anybody might have discovered anything new over the last year or so since people were talking about these tracks. I know that I personally haven't, but I've also curtailed my efforts quite a bit. I used to have 4 or 5 different P2P networks installed on my computer that were set to constantly monitor for Regina tracks, and I used to troll through torrent lists and internet archives looking for stuff... But now I mostly just sit back and hope that something surfaces, because I feel like there isn't really anything "out there" on the internet anymore that hasn't been found yet. It would have to be somebody in possession of something privately deciding to share that would lead to new vintage material. :( But still! One can hope!  Let's not forget those fantastic videos with her and Renate Hug released this last year! There's definitely more stuff in the world to be heard - Whether or not the people who have it want to share is up to them. :)

Yeah.. Being a fan of Regina and her music is so different from being a fan of something else. It's like a treasure hunt for amazing new songs! Hopefully someone has them and shares them.. What a selfish thing it would be to just keep the songs to yourself! The part of the fun and beauty is to share it with everyone who wants to hear it! :)

Jesse,

I have recordings of all these songs that I'd love to give you! I also have the recording of In the Studio, it's part of the 2002-05-04 recording at the Sidewalk Café. It is only 33 seconds long because, of course, she forgot it.

Universal Edibility

Hello Universal Edibility,

I know this was a long time ago so it might be a long shot, but I'm looking for the recording of "In the Studio" at the Sidewalk Café, 2002. I can't seem to find it anywhere online. Would you be willing to send it to me or link me to it online?

Thank you!

Jane

Jane,

I have "In the Studio" on my iPod, but can't figure out how to get it off!

I tried for a long time last night to no avail... I'll be gone for a couple weeks but if you still don't have the song by the end of May, please let me know!