Sign in to follow this  
srg

2012-04-10 Montclair, NJ | Wellmont Theater

^ Yea we just waited in this "pen" by like the side entrance. She came out around 12:30 ish so we were waiting for a little while. It was the first time I have ever met her and obviously the happiest night of my life!

quote:
Originally posted by himynameism:

Also I just want to say that Regina has the cutest parents of all time.

Quoted for truth. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RedRyder:

Wowowowow how did you guys get to meet her?!?!?!?

Is this common? Being able to meet her after a show? How long did you have to wait??

As Marielle said, they put us into a little fenced off area, presumably to protect Regina from people rushing her. The concert got out at like 11ish, and she didn't come out till 12:30ish. It was cold, haha.

It is fairly common to see her after a show, but actually getting a chance with her depends entirely on the people who run the venue. Sometimes they'll be really relaxed and let her walk out without the fences, other times they'll just rush her to her getaway car (Wink) without letting her say anything to anyone.

The masters of waiting for Regina are most definitely Aaron (Eshbach) and Jamie (dentistgirl). How many times have you two talked to her again? Big Grin

So yeah, it was an amazing night. I'm so glad I got to see all of you guys, and I hope we can do it again soon! Love you all. <3

Ahh thank you all so much for your various accounts of the show, and videos and such! Woooo!

quote:
Originally posted by himynameism:

Also I just want to say that Regina has the cutest parents of all time.

Sooo true. Almost every show I've been to, they've been there. They're the greatest.

Wish I'd gotten to stay and meet her, but my brother was freezing and I had a 9 am exam the next morning in Connecticut.. whoops lol. But it was amazing! Ballad of a Politician literally took my breath away. Also, getting to meet some of you Stixers in real life was great Big Grin

Alright, I got around to listening to Patron Saint and Ballad Of A Politician from that show last night and let me just say that I think it was definitely enough for me.

Maybe the drums were too loud and they had bad sound at that venue but the drums really diminish the beauty of the melody in Patron Saint. I realize that they're trying to establish some kind of tempo but it doesn't need to be that painfully obvious, it almost feels dumbed down.

The vocoder on Ballad Of A Politician is overbearing on the ENTIRE song, maybe parts of it would be okay but it's just too much going on. What I love the most about that song is how honest and straight-forward it is, the extra additions to it take away from it. Some things should just be left alone... Frowner

^I'm sorry you don't like it, Johnonymous. Frowner If it's any consolation, I'm sure BoaP will be a bit toned down on the album compared to what they played last night.

It's possible that the vocoder was unintentionally too prominent, I mean, it was the first show with all of that tech. I doubt it'll sound exactly like what we get in May, anywho, especially if you compare how All The Rowboats sounded last night to the album version; The effects on the piano came a bit late, were a bit too distorted, and just a tad too loud... might be the same case with BoaP. Hopefully it's something they'll get better at working with live in the future, if so.

All of that said, I loved what they've done with all of the songs. Maybe it was just the mid/post-concert high, but she was absolutely flawless last night..