Sign in to follow this  
srg

2012-04-10 Montclair, NJ | Wellmont Theater

Oh my.

"How."

I think I'm in love. <3 Such a beautiful song. Only thing it's missing is a little bit of saxophone. haha. I can't wait to hear it on the album... I can picture it being a total stunner.

Not that it already isn't. <3 Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by himynameism:

Also I wanted to mention how Regina offered us bananas when she walked out to the car. She just can't stop being cute.

Ahh! I completely forgot about that somehow! Big Grin

Thank you, Aaron, for those recordings! They're amazing.

^^Regina is so awesome. Did anyone accept a banana? Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by kaoir:

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

anyone else surprised by the sparse arrangement of marcello?

Pleasantly surprised!!

I mean, I think there is a progression (is it the correct word?) in the song and I really appreciate!

Also, when she sings "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..", the arrangements are gorgeous! Eeker

Yess!! I loved that part!

Also, I just want to say Thank You to everyone who recorded and shared with us people who could not be there.

quote:
Originally posted by porcupine-ologist:

Ahaha, yeah, someone did! He raised his hand and all, lol. Big Grin I'm not sure if he actually got it though. Did anyone see?

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

quote:
Originally posted by porcupine-ologist:

Ahaha, yeah, someone did! He raised his hand and all, lol. Big Grin I'm not sure if he actually got it though. Did anyone see?

I didn't see what actually happened...I just know they disappeared somewhere. I was too busy hyperventilating to notice lol

Glad to see everyone as happy with the recording as I was when I first opened the file. I've been having a crappy run with the quality of my recordings lately, but this one seems to have been steeped in luck. Hopefully the fortune infusion will last through Philadelphia and New York Smiler

oh my 'How' is right (whoever said that above). For an amateur, echo-y concert recording, you can already tell it's killer. Kind of 'Field Below' killer. A gut wrencher. We're gonna all fall in love with this one, I have a feeling.

Boy oh boy, the more I think about this album, it's gonna be really great. She's finally recording some of our favorites. And the new stuff and 'Open'!! Holy cow! 'Open'!! I've always known it and appreciated it and now I can tell it's gonna be a favorite. It's just one of those haunting, suck you in ones.

I think she really surprised us with some of the old ones she's doing. 'Patron Saint' & 'Small Town Moon' to me were kind of destined to be on an album eventually (and I'm so glad they are). But 'All the Rowboats' and 'Oh Marcello' and 'Open', those caught me off guard. I know she's been teasing us with 'All the Rowboats' for a little while, but a few months ago, I would've never included it in my guessing of what she'd do. As random as her picks seem, it really makes me think that she may eventually record all she's done. Maybe, who knows. Just me jibber jabberin' in the A.M. Smiler I had just finished listening to 'How' again and I guess it just made me want to talk about her. Smiler

Not to be a parrot, but I'll repeat many thanks for the recordings and the accounts of the live show Smiler

I love the new songs. I was surprised at how they appealed to me 'instantly'. Usually most of Regina's songs take a good few listens before I become obsessed with them.

Now I'm very intrigued by Jessica. I wonder if she deliberately saved that song or if it was just chance that it happened to be the one left out (of the new songs).

I was very nervous to hear how Small town moon had turned out (I love the recording I have with just vocals, piano and an eerie echo) but I was relieved that it turned out well (although it seems a lot lower than her other performances of the song even the recent HIAS. I was expecting the drumming (regina used to pat her piano during the performance anyway) and I was glad the final 'How can I leave without hurting every one who made me?' is still bare with no extra instrumentation (hopefully like that in the album version).

As for Patron Saint; I love the new arrangement. Though I agree with the comment that it seems Regina has gone for a less playful approach. I think judging from the recordings the acoustics weren't great and that's why the drumming sounds 'tinny', so it should sound much better on the album and not drown Regina out (All the Rowboats has loads of production yet Regina's voice and piano stands out a lot better than most of Far's songs).

Anyway very happy Smiler Oh and It's weird I was never a fan of Ballad of a Politician (I never disliked it just didn't care for it) but listening to it now it feels like classic Regina and feels very familiar which is a nice change. Firewood still needs to grow on me though :/

Also side note, I think Regina may have still been slightly under the weather in that performance. She sounds much better but I noticed she sang lower than normal and her voice sounded slightly strained with the higher notes.