Sign in to follow this  
srg

2012-08-14 Los Angeles, CA | Greek Theatre

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Melissa! No joke, i was just thinking about you yesterday, and i was sad that you hadn't been around lately, and now here you are!

Hi!

p.s. i have nothing to add about this show. Sorry for off-topic posts lol i hope you all have a lot of fun, of course! Smiler

Yay Hi!!! How have you been?! Yeah, I'm back on here. I won't be on as much as I was before because I have a job now! Haha! But I'll be on here like crazy again once I don't anymore!

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Melissa! No joke, i was just thinking about you yesterday, and i was sad that you hadn't been around lately, and now here you are!

Hi!

p.s. i have nothing to add about this show. Sorry for off-topic posts lol i hope you all have a lot of fun, of course! Smiler

Yay Hi!!! How have you been?! Yeah, I'm back on here. I won't be on as much as I was before because I have a job now! Haha! But I'll be on here like crazy again once I don't anymore!

Well any melissa around here is better than none at all! It's great to hear from you

I've been doing well. Making lots of hard adjustments, but getting through one day at a time, just like everyone else Wink

I really like your music a lot. Please keep me posted when new material is available!

Also, good luck with your job!

I've been spending like every other day re-realizing that I'm going to see her in concert, which I never thought would ever happen Big Grin that and finding more and more songs on Far to fall in love with <3 I can't wait!

SOOOOOO excited about (later tonight, really) tomorrow!!!!

I still can't believe that I scored 2ND ROW ORCHESTRA PIT tickets!!!!!

I've never seen her this close at a seated show.

And I haven't seen her since the first round of the "Far" tour...so it's been a while.

I'm bringing my mopey husband along. I can't let him ruin how excited I am (remember, he says that he can't stand her - but he sings her songs when I'm not even playing the music!!! Liar!!! lol!)

If anyone wants to say hello to me, let me know where to meet you at the greek Big Grin

She was absolutely FLAWLESS at this show. I always thought she was an incredible performer, but she has actually gotten even better.

It's weird.

I wouldn't think it possible.

And she was not only flawless, but also warm and gracious (as always, I guess).

Some idiotic drunk girls in front of us almost ruined the experience for me...

They sang along LOUDLY & badly, the entire time and they stood up and danced for most of the show. And it's not like I had anything against them having a good time, but they were not respectful of anyone else whose idea of a good time didn't match their idea.

Ugh.

It was still an awesome show though. As I love the Greek, and Regina's performance was so overwhelmingly awesome that it mostly overshadowed the stupid people.

But I am still slightly disappointed that Regina's shows have turned into "Regina's Greatest Hits Live".

I miss the days when she would play non-album, unreleased tracks. Eh, oh well.

quote:

But I am still slightly disappointed that Regina's shows have turned into "Regina's Greatest Hits Live".

I understand what you're saying, but the thing is that Regina keeps putting those non-album, unreleased tracks on her albums, and they therefore become less obscure and less novel, and we get used to them being around and no longer consider them a treat. If Regina had performed a one-off show at the Greek, say, a year ago, and played this exact same setlist, I'm sure people would have been freaking out at all the gems, which today are old news to us, but up until quite recently were 'rare' or 'unreleased' songs.

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:

I understand what you're saying, but the thing is that Regina keeps putting those non-album, unreleased tracks on her albums, and they therefore become less obscure and less novel, and we get used to them being around and no longer consider them a treat. If Regina had performed a one-off show at the Greek, say, a year ago, and played this exact same setlist, I'm sure people would have been freaking out at all the gems, which today are old news to us, but up until quite recently were 'rare' or 'unreleased' songs.

I totally agree when i attended her benifit show at lincon center prior to the tracklisting being released, she played RIDICULOUSLY old music. When i heard Oh Marcello i was like oh my god, am i dreaming? Then shortly after she played Pound Of Flesh. Complete shockers! Now that Marcello is on the Album i don't care to listen to it every concert. But to her defense this is the WWSFTCS tour, when she is done promoting the album and settles down for a few months and hopefully comes back on alittle tour it will feature more songs from previous albums such as some songs i wished to hear such as carbom monoxide and summer in the city. Ifshe were to play some of these songs that i believe she is still comfortable playing then her shows would have more of a wow factor. She can't just go onto stage and be like "You know what, i feel like playing loveolgy tonight." because her fans would be like damn she didnt paly that a her last show. I guess what i'm trying to say is that the set lists have to stay similar throughout the tour then she can come back and mix all the songs up for us.