Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

2012 US Tour

quote:
Originally posted by ReginaFan2012:

I have 2 extra seats in row EE. It's 7 rows from the stage for the NY show

Hey there, I'm also interested in one ticket if ever BLTWP won't get them.

Regular tickets go on sale on 04/02 I think...SO if ever, let me know before hand.

Thanks!

OMFG JUST GOT MY TICKETS FOR THE BOSTON SHOW.

I don't even know what to say, or to think or do to do or ommmggggggggggg I think my brain is melting into a pool of Regina-mush~~~~~~

I've never been to a concert before. Never had the opportunity. I've wanted to go for YEARS. And now it's finally coming true. Just a little over a month and I'll get to see OMFG REGINA SPEKTOR.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Quick question now - I want to record the concert, was thinking of picking up a handheld recorder with some built in stereo mics (I work at a guitar center so I can get this shizzzz maddddd cheap), and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to how to get the best possible sound? Or if you have any particular recommendations on brand/model? I was looking at something by either Tascam (like maybe the dr-40 or dr-05), Zoom (Maybe the h4n or h2n?), or possibly something with video capabilities like the Alesis videotrack or something by Xacti. But overall the sound quality is most important for me so I might just skip the video recording idea altogether...

Oh, dear, i hope i'm not confusing people. It looks like my best transport option would be to drive. Are there opinions about parking? Would the ny show be harder to park at than the philly show?

argh, i just want all of the planning over with so i can relax! Frowner

any advice would be appreciated; we'll be driving from ohio, and the distance seems to be about the same to philly or to NYC, according to mapquest. Smiler

If i were you, I'd fly out of Akron-Canton into LaGuardia(airtran always has direct flights which were always the cheapest most expeditous way to get to NYC for me when i lived in Cleveland). It's a breeze and you don't have to worry about having a car or anything in the city. Done it bunches of times.

If you must drive I'd say neither Philly nor NYC is "better" or easier or closer particularly. Both have typical traffic hell and expensive parking. I've never actually driven INTO Philly before, so I can't comment much. However, I do drive to NYC constantly, and in my opinion, the easiest/cheapest thing to do (which is also kinda fun) is to park in Weehawken, NJ and take the ferry across to Manhattan. $10 a day for parking (opposed to $40 or $50 in the city). The ferry costs $9 each way and has free buses on the Manhattan side to take you around. Just be forwarned that if you go with this option the Ferry quits running at night so if you're trying to get back to your car in NJ after the show or something you may have difficulty. Otherwise, do it!

^^Wow, thanks Jamie! that helps a lot. I would rather go to NYC, just because i've never been for a proper visit since i was a kid and too young to enjoy it.

I appreciate your taking the time out to help! Smiler

EDIT: The weekday thing is really going to be hard to work out, so i might go with PA. How much would you want for your extra 2?