jesse

CUT OFF MY HAIR DEMO ("party song") / "Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)" / Demos

quote:
Originally posted by Kb93:

I found it on Grooveshark :roll eyes: I looked into the files info and it says it was recorded in 2001. She sounds young but I didn't think the song was that old.

i believe it's from 2004, the same collection as the cut off my hair demo. how did you rip the file? can you do the same for the genius next door demo in the first post in this thread?

From the uploader of the Youtube trade video~

"Dear Regina Spektor Brumstix readers,

I am a fan of Regina. I love her work, and Love it when new things come out. None of the things I'm offering are rare from her; they are just uncommon. And in defense of trading... I just don't think that all of the songs that I have here should be out there! Most of them are, if you look hard enough, but there's a reason that they aren't all over the internet.

Finally, I cannot stress this enough---

I AM NOT A HOARDER. If someone polite asks for a song, and I have no reason to think them undeserving, I WILL send them it. However, not everyone seems like a respectable enough person to share with!

If any of you would like to talk more to me about this, just send me a PM. And yes, I took off my 3 "Beauty" leaks."

And wow!! What a find in that Baby Jesus version, Kb93! Do you think that both versions are actually demos, or one (or both) of them are clear recordings. I find it weird that she'd record a demo of a song twice, especially because they're rather similar.

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolIsOut:

And wow!! What a find in that Baby Jesus version, Kb93! Do you think that both versions are actually demos, or one (or both) of them are clear recordings. I find it weird that she'd record a demo of a song twice, especially because they're rather similar.

i don't think the kahne one is a demo. it was recorded during the bth sessions i believe, so it's a demo only in that it's not edited or anything. i'd consider it more of an "outtake" i guess.

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

quote:
Originally posted by Kb93:

I found it on Grooveshark :roll eyes: I looked into the files info and it says it was recorded in 2001. She sounds young but I didn't think the song was that old.

i believe it's from 2004, the same collection as the cut off my hair demo. how did you rip the file? can you do the same for the genius next door demo in the first post in this thread?

Here is is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f4a96fdy393u9dy

Just wanted to confirm that Grinch2466 didn't have anything rare. I eventually got them to send me their whole "Demo Cassette" album, and it was all stuff we already had. Alas, including Loveology.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Just wanted to confirm that Grinch2466 didn't have anything rare. I eventually got them to send me their whole "Demo Cassette" album, and it was all stuff we already had. Alas, including Loveology.

Unless they quickly downloaded some live versions and put them in a folder called "Demo Cassette" to throw you off the scent. Razzer

I joke, conspiracy theories are always good fun lol

I just decided to make this account so I can tell you that I did NOT put live recordings in a folder just to email them to you! I said I was new to the music of Regina Spektor, and you have RIPPED me apart here.