jesse

CUT OFF MY HAIR DEMO ("party song") / "Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)" / Demos

@jesse, so accussing someone of making up a live and a couple of demos, and sending that to someone is okay with you than! Which I NEVER did!

I never knew there was a fan made album out til yesterday. So I am assuming that you ( maybe ) the other person that contacted me than.

Before I leave this crazy Regina place ( and I do say that in a funny way ) When referring to me as a he. I do NOT appreciate since I'm a female. I'm not sure that I wanna be in a Regina forum that points fingers at others when they make an HONEST mistake. Why do you think I told them that I wasn't going to trade them AT ALL! ( I know all caps means yelling, but I just wanted to stress those words, and I'm not yelling at anyone here. )

Wow. Everyone needs to step back and take a deep, deep breath. Ms. grinch2466, please understand why someone people would be upset over this. We've been pining after these demos for years and just the thought of hearing them is driving the masses crazy.

I understand you did not know that what you had was not really the Loveology demo and that you didn't mean to make people angry or upset. It was an honest mistake. It couldn've happened to anybody.

I know I'm not saying anything new or groundbreaking but, I am sorry for what has been said about you. I truly am. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive the Stixers.

quote:
Originally posted by grinch2466:

@jesse, so accussing someone of making up a live and a couple of demos, and sending that to someone is okay with you than! Which I NEVER did!

i don't really think anyone was thinking of this as an "accusation" until you got upset that your trades didn't go through. people were reasoning that what you had probably wasn't what you thought it was, and thinking you probably just had a live recording. that's not the vicious "accusation" you're making it out to be. you were doing something which is thought poorly of in EVERY musician's fan community and the people here have been shockingly gracious toward you in spite of it. and you're still not happy with the way you're being treated because one or two people aren't as forgiving.

@jesse, are you the other person that pm'ed me on youtube than? Could you please explain more to me what you meant?

Telling someone that you have 50 plus Lana Del Rey demos and other Lana Del Rey tracks isn't bragging now is it! No I'm not referring to jesse at all. ( unless I found out jesse was the other person from youtube )

All this Demo talk ever seems to do is cause problems. Not worth it in my opinion. I think we should all be happy with what we have, and be good to one another. If a demo turns up that's cool, but it's not worth losing sleep over or harassing people on youtube or here or anywhere if they don't. Isn't that what we learned with the Demo Cassette thing? Yeah? Not to say that we shouldn't look into finding them, but just don't look at it like other people owe you something. Try to be friendlier about it.

I'm sorry you've gotten a bad impression of this forum grinch2466. Usually we're a pretty friendly bunch. Really.

And yeah, when I first became a fan there was a site a lot of people used that had a bunch of live songs and they were labeled as demos for some reason. Pretty easy to get confused with a bunch of mislabeled live songs floating around.

sorry for the off-topic Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by benmoody0220:

It's kinda how I got all of Amanda Palmer's unreleased tracks (oops, did I say that outloud? No..I typed it. Oh well).

I feel horrible to ask but I'm a huge Amanda Palmer fan...would you be willing to share her songs with me?

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

And yeah, when I first became a fan there was a site a lot of people used that had a bunch of live songs and they were labeled as demos for some reason. Pretty easy to get confused with a bunch of mislabeled live songs floating around.

So true. A lot of downloads just come with the "Demos & Live" tag for the album. I like to do it by date/venue if possible...especially because some live recordings (be it radio or venue) are super clear, it's easy to confuse them with a demo.