jesse

CUT OFF MY HAIR DEMO ("party song") / "Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)" / Demos

quote:
Originally posted by ifonly3000:

quote:
Originally posted by What's a Pound of Flesh?:

Dear Brumstix,

I am the YouTube user who had the video offering "Rare" Regina Spektor songs--which I knew were really not that rare, but just unreleased. I apologize for upsetting the Regina community, and the actions of some kind people lately have made me reconsider trading as a whole.

"Trading" is, in a strong sense, a very "elitist" practice--not because you think yourself to be any "better" than anyone else, but just because your blessing in having whatever "rare" songs you do gives you status.

I started out trading because I became a fan of a singer named Neon Hitch. As an artist, a great deal of her songs have gone underground, and thus I sought out someone on YouTube who was willing to share some of them with me. After this, I decided to "trade" in my own right, and was interesting in locating any more songs by her.

But if you think about it, 95% of the "rare" music out there is only available because some kind person was willing to share it. Thus, why would someone hold music back to keep it from others? The answer, I think, is a mixture of fear (of loss of power) and a sense of greed (I found it, it's mine!).

But this does not appeal to me. I am SO SORRY if this mislead any of you! Frowner With the example of people like "jesse" and "Kb93," I have decided to be both less withholding and more free with my music.

Again, I am SO, SO SORRY for disrupting Regina's community, and am now very pleased to join in my own right.

--"AdlerOfBirds"

I am new to this forum, and I was wondering if you in any way could help me or advice me on how to start trading. I don't have any rare songs but any help will do. My goal is to get a hold of some of Neon Hitch's songs. I am a huge fan but it's hard finding any of her rare songs. Sorry if this bothers you in any way

Hey! I'd love to help you--in my opinion, trading really isn't the most preferable way to go about finding songs, but that's just how it works in some cases.

Do you have a YouTube or Last.Fm account? You can send me a message on either site--my username is "AdlerOfBirds."

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ifonly3000:

quote:

Dear Brumstix,

I am the YouTube user who had the video offering "Rare" Regina Spektor songs--which I knew were really not that rare, but just unreleased. I apologize for upsetting the Regina community, and the actions of some kind people lately have made me reconsider trading as a whole.

"Trading" is, in a strong sense, a very "elitist" practice--not because you think yourself to be any "better" than anyone else, but just because your blessing in having whatever "rare" songs you do gives you status.

I started out trading because I became a fan of a singer named Neon Hitch. As an artist, a great deal of her songs have gone underground, and thus I sought out someone on YouTube who was willing to share some of them with me. After this, I decided to "trade" in my own right, and was interesting in locating any more songs by her.

But if you think about it, 95% of the "rare" music out there is only available because some kind person was willing to share it. Thus, why would someone hold music back to keep it from others? The answer, I think, is a mixture of fear (of loss of power) and a sense of greed (I found it, it's mine!).

But this does not appeal to me. I am SO SORRY if this mislead any of you! Frowner With the example of people like "jesse" and "Kb93," I have decided to be both less withholding and more free with my music.

Again, I am SO, SO SORRY for disrupting Regina's community, and am now very pleased to join in my own right.

--"AdlerOfBirds"

I am new to this forum, and I was wondering if you in any way could help me or advice me on how to start trading. I don't have any rare songs but any help will do. My goal is to get a hold of some of Neon Hitch's songs. I am a huge fan but it's hard finding any of her rare songs. Sorry if this bothers you in any way

Hey! I'd love to help you--in my opinion, trading really isn't the most preferable way to go about finding songs, but that's just how it works in some cases.

Do you have a YouTube or Last.Fm account? You can send me a message on either site--my username is "AdlerOfBirds."

Ok, I sent you a message through youtube