jesse

CUT OFF MY HAIR DEMO ("party song") / "Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)" / Demos

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

and, what the hell, i guess i'll bring this up as well; please keep in mind it's only a THEORY, and i've put together this little "argument" for FUN, so please don't take it as me claiming any of this to be 100% fact.....

OH MY GOD, are you meaning to say that somewhere there is a recorded version of 8th floor :'(

ON TOPIC: Thanks for the clear version of the song.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Smiler

It's really nice of you to do all this detective work and still let us have the benefits Big Grin

Now I really hope The Party from 'cheap seats' is a new song, because we have this wonderful version !!

Thought i'd drop this here from the awesome people who run reginapolis! Also, THANK YOU JESSE! YOU RULE.

"Here’s what sounds like a studio recording of, I Cut Off My Hair, which is an unreleased song. A live version of this song has been floating around for awhile, and was thought to be the only version. This new/old studio version was dug up by ‘jesse’, who is a member of Regina’s Brumstix messageboard [see source link]. Jesse had some really interesting, and quite frankly incorrect things to say about us which we’d like to address here:

1.To clear up any confusion, we’re not affiliated with any other fan sites and none of us are members of Brumstix. Reginapolis (previously reginaspektor.org) is run by four fans: Aly, Mike, Taylor, and Evan. We originally created reginaspektor.org because the few other fan sites that exist weren’t really updated. We give them props for starting it all, and are hugely indebted to sites like reginaspektor.net and respektonline.com.

2.We’re not hoarders, nor would we ever support hoarding. Certainly there are people who might be sitting on unreleased demos and think themselves important for having them, but that’s not us. Nope, sorry. Our policy has always been to share everything, which might make us unpopular with some people, but who cares? We draw the line at sharing leaks of new content or anything that Regina doesn’t want out, such as the Beauty demos. Regina has said several times in the past that she doesn’t mind fans sharing her stuff, and we fully support that.

3.Awhile back, we started our own little project to track down unreleased demos and have confirmed that studio demos of quite a few songs really do exist. Most of these were recorded in 2001-2006, and were shared with industry insiders when Regina was just getting started with her career. Some of these were meant to be album tracks, but were excluded. We’ve discovered that studio demos of songs such as Aquarius, A Cooler Version of Yourself, Dog & Pony, The Someone, Mermaid, Light, The Wallet (was previously recorded in a studio long before the far version), Mausoleum, You, The Ghost, Secret Stash (sometimes referred to as No One), Dead Rat, Lounge, Virgin Queen, and quite a few others actually do exist. We’ve been trying to compile a list of everything, and possible dates of recordings, but it’s such a process. There’s no word on if these were shared outside of music industry people, but it’s highly possible. We certainly don’t have them, but if we did we’d share them in a heartbeat. There’s really no point in holding on to things like that when they should be posted for everyone to hear and enjoy.

So that’s all we have to say about that. Here’s a download link for I Cut off My Hair, also courtesy of Jesse:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a1ao9ttewno333o"

Jesse, just wondering (I'm probably way off) but does this post have anything to do with you/directed at you?

i can't stand loveology, but YOU f*cking love it, so make the 'cut off my hair' demo appear or something and you can have this shiny unreleased remastered version~*

I saw it on tumblr and it is quite recent. It just seems weird that this recent comment happened and then we got this amazing demo. Is this person your source etc? (I enjoy mysteries and detective work as well lol Razzer) (Also i'm intrigued by the possibility of a loveology demo).

I still can't get over the fact 'You' and 'Dog & Pony' may be out there as well!! It's so exciting Big Grin

Thanks for tracking this down Jesse. You, good sir, are a legend. Ignore all the negative posts directed at you. As far as i'm concerned, you're the least misguided person here. Also, you're right about Reginapolis members hoarding things. This last.fm belongs to a member on Reginapolis. I think it's Aly. Either way, i'm sure more then one of their members have these recordings. Of course they would post of Party Song demo, after it was posted here. Same as they did with the 1999 demo tape. But why not share some the demos of Soho, Making Records, Begin To Hope, and Romeo?

http://www.last.fm/user/thecal...er=desc&sortBy=plays

http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...alculation_demos.png