jesse

CUT OFF MY HAIR DEMO ("party song") / "Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)" / Demos

EDIT: Jesse: What did you mean about the remastered Loveology? You're playing with fire, putting that name out there, you should know that WinkRazzer

Wow!! i'd bet Party Song is actually I Cut Off My Hair on WWSFTCS! How exciting!!!

i love this demo sooo much; classic Regina! thanks, jesse, for sharing! You're my hero, for sure!

Also, thanks, Alicia, for letting us in on that post. I probably never would have seen it otherwise. How exciting to see songs that are 99% likely to be never-before-heard by us non-connected folk!

The List i've heard mentioned in relation to all that semilit business, but The Someone (which i would have thought was aquarius, but that's already listed xD ), Light perhaps Ave Maria ("lit by a light that isn't even the sun/moon?"), Mausoleum I assumed off the bat this was All the Rowboats, but maybe not? The Ghost sounds like a shortened title for Ghost of Corporate Future, "quite a few others" just to tease us, i think lol Spit it out, we want all the names!

Also, can we have a mini celebration for the existence, somewhere in the world, of a STUDIO RECORDING OF VIRGIN QUEEN! This song is epic, elusive, and if it's never on an album, it might still be heard clearly if this demo were to surface. it's the cream of the one-play-wonder crop for me!

The world of Regina Spektor is shrouded in mystery, suspicion, insiders and moles, spies-es and disguises. Just as we pee our pants at the old old tracks finding a home on WWSFTCS, here these new title arise, and more hopes than ever for new takes on old songs.

I'm not saying i'm glad there's secret-ness and non-sharing going on. Only that the mystery is a special part of discovering Regina's art. I've always envied Raph's self-control, doling out Regina's masterpieces one-by-one. He keeps the magic alive for himself. Well, now for those of us who are too impatient, the magic pops its head up every once in a while, winks, then hides again. It is exciting, whether it's ideal or not! Smiler

Just trying to stay positive about the apparent hoarding that someone, somewhere is doing (intentionally or otherwise!)

Rainna: the file worked for me; i can try maybe emailing a copy of my download to you? Also, is this track being added to spektography on youtube? Non-Brumstix-followers deserve to hear this, too!

@be like the water, people

i agree with your title speculation, and was actually just about to post basically the same ideas. i do think, though, that "The Light" is probably a different song. i'm on my way out right now, but i'll be back tonight. have fun all!

An update on Romeo: the tag says recorded in 2011 by michael korie (beauty) and regina and it's commented with "beauty demo". The lyrics are very fairytale sounding as well. 6 other people have scrobbled the song to their libraries.

Is there any way that we can put together a list of these songs (excluding the beauty demos of course, since those aren't meant to be shared), including the ones mentioned by reginapolis? "The Ghost" does sound like it might be "The Ghost of Corporate Future", but I'm not sure about the others.

quote:
Originally posted by Emmerrrrrrr:

I thought we'd never heard of a recording of "with the black birds" yet thecalculation has scrobbled it 3 times? Or is there a recording I missed out on?

You haven't missed out on anything. It not a real song, just an interlude from a 2003 live recording.

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

I looked at the length of the songs on the list and found matches (live versions) for most of them on Youtube, as well as matches for the same lengths of the same songs that other people scrobbled to their last.fm pages, as well as matches in my own library for the same lengths. So I believe that most of those songs are just live versions. The only match I could not find is for Romeo. I emailed them about this, but no response yet. Reginapolis stated that they will share everything, but draw the line at Beauty demos. Regina recently pleaded with fans on Facebook about not passing Beauty demos around, so I feel that this should be respected.

I really believe that if everyone worked together that we'd have more success in tracking down some of these demos, if they're out there somewhere.

They're definitely demos. The length of the first version of a track scrobbled on last fm is the standardized track length. But these songs are all in a folder labeled demos. The demos are out there, people just aren't sharing. We just need to be more proactive about asking for them. They can't ignore all of us.

quote:
Rainna: the file worked for me; i can try maybe emailing a copy of my download to you? Also, is this track being added to spektography on youtube? Non-Brumstix-followers deserve to hear this, too!

That would be great, thanks! If it isn't too much trouble to send it, my e-mail is .

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

An update on Romeo: the tag says recorded in 2011 by michael korie (beauty) and regina and it's commented with "beauty demo". The lyrics are very fairytale sounding as well. 6 other people have scrobbled the song to their libraries.

Nice to see that a few more of us are getting to hear these Beauty demos. Also, here's the rest of the titles/lengths, for anyone who's interested.