jesse

CUT OFF MY HAIR DEMO ("party song") / "Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)" / Demos

quote:
Originally posted by ShutMeUp:

Also, Blackbirds is just an interlude from a live show in 2003. Not an actual song. Just Regina banter.

Some facts about this? Which show? Recording? Does she quote the entire thing written out as lyrics on that lyrics site or what?

And thanks for the I cut off my hair-demo! =) wonderful!

quote:

They're definitely demos. The length of the first version of a track scrobbled on last fm is the standardized track length. But these songs are all in a folder labeled demos. The demos are out there, people just aren't sharing. We just need to be more proactive about asking for them. They can't ignore all of us.

It isn't as simple as asking for them. If it was, then we'd all have them by now. What would motivate them to exchange them would be a trade. Offer them something you know (or think) they want and they'll hand it over. It's kinda how I got all of Amanda Palmer's unreleased tracks (oops, did I say that outloud? No..I typed it. Oh well).

Just a bit of advice. Wink

Happy Hunting, Stixers!

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

quote:

Also, Blackbirds is just an interlude from a live show in 2003. Not an actual song. Just Regina banter.

Some facts about this? Which show? Recording? Does she quote the entire thing written out as lyrics on that lyrics site or what?

It's literally just an interlude from a 2003 show. There's applauding and Regina talking at the end, but no song and no lyrics. This is something that was mis-labled and scrobbled to last.fm. There are a lot of things on last.fm that are not always what they appear, because it's too easy to rename things and scrobble them, and people often do it on purpose to troll users who are genuinely seeking real songs. If "with the blackbirds" is a real song - and there has been no solid evidence of this so far - it would be much longer than 0:44, based on the lyrics.

quote:
Originally posted by benmoody0220:

quote:

They're definitely demos. The length of the first version of a track scrobbled on last fm is the standardized track length. But these songs are all in a folder labeled demos. The demos are out there, people just aren't sharing. We just need to be more proactive about asking for them. They can't ignore all of us.

What would motivate them to exchange them would be a trade. Offer them something you know (or think) they want and they'll hand it over. It's kinda how I got all of Amanda Palmer's unreleased tracks (oops, did I say that outloud? No..I typed it. Oh well).

Happy Hunting, Stixers!

It's ridiculous that people should have to trade things to get things, but this is often the case. Frowner

quote:

quote:

It isn't as simple as asking for them. If it was, then we'd all have them by now. What would motivate them to exchange them would be a trade. Offer them something you know (or think) they want and they'll hand it over. It's kinda how I got all of Amanda Palmer's unreleased tracks (oops, did I say that outloud? No..I typed it. Oh well).

Happy Hunting, Stixers!

Well that's disheartening. It's a shame people think they're more elite because they have their hands on a certain recording.

If they really want to feel special, why not share their rare songs? They'd get so much love and attention from us. Just look how grateful we are to Jesse! There really isn't any point on holding on songs for themselves. It doesn't make them more of a fan. I think it actually makes them less of a fan because they don't respekt her songs enough to share them.

quote:
Originally posted by reginapolisblog:

quote:

quote:

It's literally just an interlude from a 2003 show. There's applauding and Regina talking at the end, but no song and no lyrics. This is something that was mis-labled and scrobbled to last.fm. There are a lot of things on last.fm that are not always what they appear, because it's too easy to rename things and scrobble them, and people often do it on purpose to troll users who are genuinely seeking real songs. If "with the blackbirds" is a real song - and there has been no solid evidence of this so far - it would be much longer than 0:44, based on the lyrics.

Okay...? But where is the recording of this interlude? And where did "0:44" come from? And did she say something about blackbirds and horrible horrible people and someone else just wrote more stuff to it? Or did she say all that in 44 seconds? I'm sorry. I just don't really get it. I think I need it spelled out to me. Sorry :P

the "lyrics"...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Okay...? But where is the recording of this interlude? And where did "0:44" come from? And did she say something about blackbirds and horrible horrible people and someone else just wrote more stuff to it? Or did she say all that in 44 seconds? I'm sorry. I just don't really get it. I think I need it spelled out to me. Sorry :P

the "lyrics"...

someone took a 44 second interlude from a regina recording and changed the title to "with the black birds" in itunes, and then allowed it to scrobble to last.fm. it was basically a prank, and has nothing to do with whether or not the song exists.

quote:

quote:

quote:

What would motivate them to exchange them would be a trade. Offer them something you know (or think) they want and they'll hand it over. It's kinda how I got all of Amanda Palmer's unreleased tracks (oops, did I say that outloud? No..I typed it. Oh well).

Happy Hunting, Stixers!

It's ridiculous that people should have to trade things to get things, but this is often the case. Frowner

It is very sad. I only hoard the Amanda songs cause she's asked people not to post them online (and of course I had to have them), but I share them with my friends and anyone who might ask. The other reason is, cause they're useful to trade with people to get certain tracks. If this "thecalculation" on last.fm is an Amanda fan (anyone know?) I could offer a trade in return for those Regina tracks I have (i know they share a lot of fans). Anyone know? I'm more than happy to help.

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

someone took a 44 second interlude from a regina recording and changed the title to "with the black birds" in itunes, and then allowed it to scrobble to last.fm. it was basically a prank, and has nothing to do with whether or not the song exists.

that is cruel. Frowner

As far as "I Cut Off My Hair" being "The Party" on WWSFTCS, I tweeted to Reginapolis about it and here's what they had to say:

"@mouseology No, it won't be! "The Party" is a new song. If it was the same song, there would've been copyright removals already! :-)"

If that's the case, then I'm not as heartbroken as I would've been, cause now we have this super amazing demo version Smiler