Sign in to follow this  
jesse

ATTN: *ALL* BRUMSTIXERS! Have You Seen These Recordings!?

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

It's been in my iTunes library for years! I honestly can't remember.

post to help you remember Wink

relevant info here

As I've written in the other thread - there is an ongoing debate whether the Genius next door and Hero recordings are demos or radio recordings - if you look around the Stix it is mentioned in quite a few threads. It has been discovered together with the Hotel song demo. Hero and Genius both have the same tagging (Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)) so it is assumed they are a "set" but the tags themselves do not prove anything. They might have been just arbitrarily created by a tagging software.

The ruling seems to lean towards Genius next door being a live recording which in extension applies to Hero as well since they do seem to come from the same source. Of course they might be demos after all, but it should be said that there is this uncertainty and that the tagging itself is probably random.

btw I have no idea why these two tracks always fall out of circulation. I myself have shared them publicly on Stix more than once. I was under the assumption everybody has them already!

I've never heard that version. Well since this hunts began, we have 3 more demos that we didn't have before.

quote:
Originally posted by Scarecrow:

Why isn't Loveology in the list? I mean we know there's probably a demo of the song somewhere out there.

Edit: Oh sorry, it's because they are all from one particular recording from 2004.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

It's been in my iTunes library for years! I honestly can't remember.

post to help you remember Wink

relevant info here

As I've written in the other thread - there is an ongoing debate whether the Genius next door and Hero recordings are demos or radio recordings - if you look around the Stix it is mentioned in quite a few threads. It has been discovered together with the Hotel song demo. Hero and Genius both have the same tagging (Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)) so it is assumed they are a "set" but the tags themselves do not prove anything. They might have been just arbitrarily created by a tagging software.

The ruling seems to lean towards Genius next door being a live recording which in extension applies to Hero as well since they do seem to come from the same source. Of course they might be demos after all, but it should be said that there is this uncertainty and that the tagging itself is probably random.

btw I have no idea why these two tracks always fall out of circulation. I myself have shared them publicly on Stix more than once. I was under the assumption everybody has them already!

there's a soundboard recording of genius next door which i believe is from a radio session with bartender. this demo of genius is different from that, as far as i know.

this is not an assumed list, or a group of my favorites or anything. this is an actual set. so many of them have leaked that it's likely the rest (the list in the first post) are out there as well.

Some tips on scouring the internet for these songs.

Type the following into google:

(SONGNAME OR KEYTERMS HERE) intitle:"index.of" "parent directory" "size" "last modified" "description" [snd] (mp4|mp3|avi) -inurl:(jsp|php|html|aspx|htm|cf|shtml|lyrics|mp3s|mp3|index) -gallery -intitle:"last modified" -intitle:(intitle|mp3) 

It basically searches all public indexes on servers, I've found many unreleased songs this way. So far I'm not having any luck finding these songs, but maybe someone else will. Smiler

Although I don't think I have anything for the list, I'll be sure to check my harddrives when I get home. Yes, that was an s on the end of harddrives. No, it wasn't a mistake. I got a lot of shit to check.

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

there's a soundboard recording of genius next door which i believe is from a radio session with bartender. this demo of genius is different from that, as far as i know.

this is not an assumed list, or a group of my favorites or anything. this is an actual set. so many of them have leaked that it's likely the rest (the list in the first post) are out there as well.

I think we are getting our wires crossed here. I am talking about those two songs (GND & Hero) specifically. I don't know anything about other songs. GND is not from the radio session that has Bartender as well BUT there is a possibility it is from an entirely different radio session hence not a demo. The fact that people have all sorts of tags and labels is a known fact so I would not base the existence of an entire album "Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)" on the fact that two songs, which are not necessarily demos after all, are tagged as such...I am just trying to help in the search by pointing out that the tag is probably utterly random. If that is so then they could not be thought of as leaks and there is a possibility they have nothing in common with the other tracks - those you are trying to hunt down.