Sign in to follow this  
jesse

ATTN: *ALL* BRUMSTIXERS! Have You Seen These Recordings!?

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

there's a soundboard recording of genius next door which i believe is from a radio session with bartender. this demo of genius is different from that, as far as i know.

this is not an assumed list, or a group of my favorites or anything. this is an actual set. so many of them have leaked that it's likely the rest (the list in the first post) are out there as well.

I think we are getting our wires crossed here. I am talking about those two songs (GND & Hero) specifically. I don't know anything about other songs. GND is not from the radio session that has Bartender as well BUT there is a possibility it is from an entirely different radio session hence not a demo. The fact that people have all sorts of tags and labels is a known fact so I would not base the existence of an entire album "Unknown Album (9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM)" on the fact that two songs, which are not necessarily demos after all, are tagged as such...I am just trying to help in the search by pointing out that the tag is probably utterly random. If that is so then they could not be thought of as leaks and there is a possibility they have nothing in common with the other tracks - those you are trying to hunt down.

oh i know, and i (and im sure everyone else) totally appreciate the input. i agree that that is not enough information to assume these things based off of, but we're actually going by more. the genius next door when we found it was labeled "track 7" and hero also had a track number. these correspond to a tracklisting reginapolis was able to uncover, which is why i am confident about this. and i really do believe that the recordings found so far all sound as if they're from the same session.

quote:

these correspond to a tracklisting reginapolis was able to uncover, which is why i am confident about this.

Ah, I've somehow overlooked this bit of info, you're right, that makes more sense.

Okay wait... I'm sorry if I'm slow. There are two genius next door demos/radio recordings? One that we downloaded now and one that Appt is talking about? What about Hero then? Have I misunderstood? And bartender? I have a radio recording of bartender labelled 2004 XFM sessions. Is that the one?

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

Okay wait... I'm sorry if I'm slow. There are two genius next door demos/radio recordings? One that we downloaded now and one that Appt is talking about? What about Hero then? Have I misunderstood? And bartender? I have a radio recording of bartender labelled 2004 XFM sessions. Is that the one?

there is a 2004 xfm session with genius and bartender i think, which both were also recorded during the session that this thread is about. this one isn't a radio session, though. the bartender for this session has not yet surfaced.

hero was recorded during this session, and has luckily been posted.

Sort of Off-topic... But still sorta on the topic of demos..

Remember how Regina used to ask people not to post recordings of her (at the time) new songs, "Human of The Year" and "Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori?" Because one or BOTH of them were being considered for use in something cool that she couldn't give details on...

Which means that if she was seriously trying to use those songs somehow, for something... She'd probably have made a demo of both of them to show to whatever companies/producers/WHOEVER she wanted to have use her songs.

I know they're not "confirmed" demos. There's no proof they exist.

BUT. If I were a gambling man I'd be inclined to believe they both have demos.

I want a Dulce et Decorum demo. I'd probably die out of sheet joy of finally hearing a clear version of my favorite song. <3

Anybody have Any thoughts/input on this theory??

I know there's at least one live recording of Dulce that we haven't heard yet but that exists. At the moment we only have the Boston recording, and another one who's location/date I can't remember. But there's definitely a recording from a show in Canada that we haven't heard.

Anyone have any idea what she was trying to do with those two songs? Why she didn't want them posted online in the first place?

Please enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge Brumstix!!! :3

quote:
Originally posted by IDontCare:

Sort of Off-topic... But still sorta on the topic of demos..

Remember how Regina used to ask people not to post recordings of her (at the time) new songs, "Human of The Year" and "Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori?" Because one or BOTH of them were being considered for use in something cool that she couldn't give details on...

Which means that if she was seriously trying to use those songs somehow, for something... She'd probably have made a demo of both of them to show to whatever companies/producers/WHOEVER she wanted to have use her songs.

I know they're not "confirmed" demos. There's no proof they exist.

BUT. If I were a gambling man I'd be inclined to believe they both have demos.

I want a Dulce et Decorum demo. I'd probably die out of sheet joy of finally hearing a clear version of my favorite song. <3

Anybody have Any thoughts/input on this theory??

I know there's at least one live recording of Dulce that we haven't heard yet but that exists. At the moment we only have the Boston recording, and another one who's location/date I can't remember. But there's definitely a recording from a show in Canada that we haven't heard.

Anyone have any idea what she was trying to do with those two songs? Why she didn't want them posted online in the first place?

Please enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge Brumstix!!! :3

you'd better enlighten me with yours! haha Can you link where she made this request, or do you remember the way that she asked i.e. through facebook, here on the stix, in a special video, or at a concert or something?

i'm very curious, because dulce is an amazing song!

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

you'd better enlighten me with yours! haha Can you link where she made this request, or do you remember the way that she asked i.e. through facebook, here on the stix, in a special video, or at a concert or something?

i dont think regina made the request publicly anywhere, i think it was a message that was delivered via 'stixers. a taper i think, an important person, but i dont remember which.

and there is definitely a demo of dulce.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

i dont think regina made the request publicly anywhere, i think it was a message that was delivered via 'stixers. a taper i think, an important person, but i dont remember which.

and there is definitely a demo of dulce.

Yeah, I think she asked people to either not record the songs or not share them if they were recording.

:: goes to dig through Brumstix to find the thread ::

Edit:

From this thread:

quote:
Posted 12 April 2006 09:14 AM

NO DICE ON THE TWO NEW SONGS BEING SHARED.

1- "Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori" (also referred to as 'It's Hard to Live')

2- "Human of the Year"

I'M SOOOO HAPPY I HAD SOME PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR A REPLY - PLEASE READ:

Well, I finally got a reply & I feel it's now my responsibility to spread the news to the other people recording shows. Please DON'T share the two new songs yet! PLEASE. Trust me, it's for a very good reason and you will personally be making Regina very happy if you don't share them just yet... something very cool may happen and we just have to hold off for a while on these songs so that it doesn't get messed up.

For those that haven't heard the new songs, you can still check out the lyrics that have been posted. I'm sure your love for Regina's music will give you the strength to wait a bit longer.

As for the people with recordings, I know you will all be responsible here, and I'm sure Regina would thank you for that. So thank you, thank you. This is a chance for us to make a real contribution to Regina's success.

Much love to you all,

~johnny c!

And Regi's Myspace:

quote:
1- i know that i always allow tapers- encourage them and all that jazz- it makes me happy that there is such a strong and kind to each other community on my "brumstix" (on my own website), as well as a few other communities where my listeners (who are so sweet that i feel like they are from some other planet, somehow) share music/info/general good to each other shit-

but-

i really ask not to share the 2 new songs yet- (i have never done that before) so please don't... I am torn because i want to play them at shows, but i need to keep them private from the internet for a little while longer. I hope that you all understand and get over it. It's really not such a big deal- i will drop a line in a week or so either way and then you can put them up wherever you want/ or not... this is important to me, and i assumed that when one nice member of the boards asked me and then wrote a note to everyone about it- it would happen.... well, i assumed wrong, so i'm asking again. Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!