Sign in to follow this  
jesse

ATTN: *ALL* BRUMSTIXERS! Have You Seen These Recordings!?

^^^^ THIS. Yes. Those are the bits I remember reading around a year ago in my last search for Dulce et Decorum goodness.

In doing a bit more re-reading from some earlier threads, it looks like we have two recordings - The Axis, Boston, 2006; and some sort of show in Philly in 2006. Another two recordings DO exist. They're just either not online or extremely well-hidden.

If anybody happens to know/know how to get in touch with JohnnyC he apparently does have the recordings.

Also, Reginaoplois blog? Just wondering... you've said that you can confirm that a number of demos exist, but that they're not online anywhere. What exactly are your sources for that? Not to sound accusing or anything, I just like to know that it's actually coming from somewhere. And then if it is, it could potentially be followed up on perhaps bearing more fruit. Big Grin

<3333 to all ya crazy Regina-lovers.

Hi everyone, I'm not sure how helpful this will be but I thought I might mention it.

I was looking through my iTunes and I found another track with similar metadata, or at least, metadata that followed the same conventions. The track is a crappy bootleg of Old and Wise by The Alan Parsons Project, mislabeled as "as far as my eyes can see" but the interesting bit is that the album is listed as "Unknown Album (13/11/2000 02:09:11)" Since the song is actually from the 1982 album Eye in the Sky, the date assignment seems to be fairly arbitrary. HOWEVER, the track number is listed as 10, which corresponds to the actual track listing.

TL;DR I found a file with similar metadata on my computer that suggests that, while the date is probably random, the track number is more likely to be real, and this set probably exists and in that order.

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

^^wow, thanks guys Smiler

so did she ever give word that it was definitely not ok to share recordings?

they're posted online, and human of the year made it to an album; it's safe to share the recordings now, right? although i'm curious as to what cool thing they were going to be for!

I don't think an "official" word ever surfaced, but I kind of remember a year or so later someone said they asked her and she said they were fine to share.

As for contacting JohnnyC, I have his email address around here somewhere...I was the gallery admin for his Reginaoplois site back in 2006ish?

quote:
Originally posted by tourniquet737:

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

^^wow, thanks guys Smiler

so did she ever give word that it was definitely not ok to share recordings?

they're posted online, and human of the year made it to an album; it's safe to share the recordings now, right? although i'm curious as to what cool thing they were going to be for!

I don't think an "official" word ever surfaced, but I kind of remember a year or so later someone said they asked her and she said they were fine to share.

As for contacting JohnnyC, I have his email address around here somewhere...I was the gallery admin for his Reginaoplois site back in 2006ish?

If you still have that contact info for JohnnyC that'd be AWESOME if you could get in touch with him and see if he still has those Dulce et Decorum recordings lying around.

She was sick during the Boston show, though obviously that's the more well known of the two recordings (in fact, I'd imagine most people haven't even heard the second one...) and it's still absolutely GORGEOUS, and in the other one at the Philly show people in the audience are noisy, and the EQ levels are WAYYYYYY too bass-y.

It'd be nice to see if either of the other two recordings sound any clearer or something. Smiler

Dunno what thread to mention it in, but I was wondering if it was common knowledge that the youtube Spektography account is now closed Frowner

Quite sad considering they had a great category of live recordings available, I wonder why they closed it?

And the videos were all removed by the user too... No mentions of copyright violations or complaints or any of Youtubes guidelines being broken...

Dear sweet Jesus, Spektography was the single most complete, easy access method of hearing ALMOST ANY Regina song. Anywhere. Anytime. Frowner(((((