Sign in to follow this  
thatbirdonthe8thfloorbranch

Which album to review

So for my English Comp 1 class, we had the choice to write a paper of the genre of our choice, I chose Album review. I want to do a Regina Album and I am stuck between Begin to Hope and Songs, I would do Soviet Kitsch but that would end up as a 10 page paper lol. Anyway, my hopefully you guys can help me chose between Begin to Hope and Songs, I am already leaning towards songs.

So for my English Comp 1 class, we had the choice to write a paper of the genre of our choice, I chose Album review. I want to do a Regina Album and I am stuck between Begin to Hope and Songs, I would do Soviet Kitsch but that would end up as a 10 page paper lol. Anyway, my hopefully you guys can help me chose between Begin to Hope and Songs, I am already leaning towards songs.

genre?? regina is her own genre haha! that's probably easier to identify on BtH because it has more production to help create an objective vision for the songs' styles. But i think her unique-ness is more evident in songs,because of the lack of production, you hear the subtle nuances that differentiate her songs from one another. Plus, it's a chance to expose Songs to people who have likely heard fidelity, samson, better, or on the radio Razzer (spread the reginitis! haha)

Both albums would be fun to review, in my opinion!

I think Songs is stronger from a purely "literary" perspective, and has more to offer in terms of the way the lyrics work with (or, at times, against) the melody. Counter-intuitively, the sparse quality actually gives you more to work with. I say go with it Smiler