Sign in to follow this  
RedRyder

2012-05-15 United Palace, Manhattan NYC

quote:
Originally posted by GoTour:

Hi,

Would you by any chane have te repertoire of musics that Regina sang yesterday? Thank you

Third page, but here it is again:

01 - Ain't No Cover

02 - The Calculation

03 - On the Radio

04 - Small Town Moon

05 - Blue Lips

06 - Patron Saint

07 - How

08 - All the Rowboats

09 - Sailor Song

10 - Ballad of the politician 

11 - Call them brothers

12 - Dance anthem of the 80's

13 - Better

14 - Ne me quitte pas

15 - Firewood

16 - Oh Marcelo

17 - Folding chair

18 - Laughing with

19 - Open

20 - The Party

Encore's:

21 - Us

22 - Fidelity

23 - Samson

The show was absolutely incredible Big Grin I have to agree with mcl - I went to Wellmont Theater too, and there was something about this atmosphere that was so much more breathtaking. I may or may not have cried a few times during the show.

Everyone's already explained everything - all I can say is, I really need to stop freezing up when I meet Regina (and that crazy eyes are a real thing, and apparently an epidemic when it comes to pictures with Regina). Also Betsy - I love the group photo! Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by marjerina:

The show was absolutely incredible Big Grin I have to agree with mcl - I went to Wellmont Theater too, and there was something about this atmosphere that was so much more breathtaking. I may or may not have cried a few times during the show.

Everyone's already explained everything - all I can say is, I really need to stop freezing up when I meet Regina (and that crazy eyes are a real thing, and apparently an epidemic when it comes to pictures with Regina). Also Betsy - I love the group photo! Smiler

Haha I remember you. "you have crazy eyes!"

quote:
Originally posted by RedRyder:

Haha I remember you. "you have crazy eyes!"

Haha, that wasn't actually me! I was just behind whoever that was - I took a picture with her though (thanks to Betsy!) and looking at it this morning... my eyes were indeed crazy :P

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

Would like to apologize for all my obsessing about the impending storm last night. Sorry you all had to listen to that hhaha. :/ i should've known the weather would wait for regina.

I had an umbrella handy, ready to share! I was too busy peering into the windows of the door to even notice

On my way home I, naturally, listened to your recording of the Philly show where it sounded as if Regina invited you on stage.

I was able to follow her set list, since I had Philly on my Ipod, until she veered off. (Sorry to miss "Eet") My daughter definitely thinks her father has gone off the deep end, but we both enjoyed a really great show, in a beautiful (on the inside) venue.

She quite intentionally, it seemed to me, dropped the "Ne Me Quitte PAS" thinking at the end of that song and, of course, the missing verse is still missing but I still love the song and was real happy to be there to hear her play it.

As great as your recording have been, they are, of course,no match for sitting in the fifth row and just hearing her sing such great pieces of work, so beautifully. She melds her classical work into this music so well and each time I hear her do it, it moves me more than the last time.

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

This show was really incredible, and even though the setlist was almost identical to the one in Philly a few nights ago, I feel like I just heard something completely unprecedented. The sound in the theater was amazing, and Regina's vocals were absolutely perfect. I recorded the show (as usual), and after a perfunctory listen, I think this recording is going to come out better than the Wellmont or Tower Theater shows.

Jamie and I talked to Jack after show, and he told us that he had designed Regina's new t-shirts (with the exception of the singular red piano key on one of the shirts, which was Regina's contribution). While waiting for Regina, we caught Brad Whiteley (Regina's keyboardist) and his girlfriend Erika Lloyd as they were waiting for a Taxi. We told them we had seen their band "Little Grey Girlfriend" at a tiny basement club on Houston St. last summer. They were very excited about having been recognized as artists of their own, and told us that we had made their night. They introduced us to their guitarist, and we talked with them for a few minutes about the show on Houston, Regina's music, and how two people from the middle of Pennsylvania had ended up at a show by a little band on Manhattan's lower east side.

Almost as soon as we said goodbye to 3/4 of Little Grey Girlfriend, Regina emerged from the venue's side exit to greet her loyal admirers. A non-Brumstix group presented her with a cardboard pickle and giant book titled "Reading Time with Pickle." A dozen or so people were fortunate enough to score a photograph with Regina before she got to us, and when she recognized the group of stixers (many of whom had been at the show on Saturday night), her face lit up with a giant smile. We told her that Brumstix seemed completely ok with the changes she had asked us about in Philly, and she reiterated how happy she was to have our input on the subject.

Betsy's group photo really captures how wonderful the atmosphere was tonight. It was great seeing all of you again, and I can't wait for next time!

so here's my usual brand of fuzzy and terrible pictures that for some reason i insist on posting here:

564778_3685991680277_1589710687_2834257_1824832857_n.jpg

533290_3685993880332_1589710687_2834261_711559923_n.jpg

544670_3685994880357_1589710687_2834264_937926926_n.jpg

546590_3685995920383_1589710687_2834266_376202682_n.jpg

also, noticed someone was missing from our group picture so i very subtly added her in. see if you can even tell that she wasn't there!

Screenshot2012-05-16at13721PM.png

Mikaela: your pictures are so much better than mine! My pictures of her look like fuzzy blue dots! Don't apologize about the storm! You know we'd protect you from the lightning Smiler

Although I have seen Reg in NYC a couple times, this was my first time seeing her play in a proper venue there! I don't know about downstairs but the sound from the loge was AMAZING! I was seriously mesmerized and in awe the entire time. It is so amazing the impact a single person can have on so many lives!

Was glad to hear folding chair and BoAP since she didn't play those at the other recent shows...

Anyways...I <3 you guys! I love our group photo! You guys make the waiting so much more bearable. Hope to see you all again in the near future Smiler