Sign in to follow this  
RedRyder

2012-05-15 United Palace, Manhattan NYC

I'm enjoying the photos and stories Smiler

I love hearing about people meeting Regina - I was lucky enough to meet her once, and it was unlike any other time I've met an artist or musician. She did not make any attempt to 'finish up' with chatting with me, until she could see that I was done, and she did that with every person there, and wouldn't get in the van until she was sure nobody had missed out. I've never experienced such a thoughtful superstar Cool

I was in the fifth row of the orchestra and thse shots are better than anything I could have imagined. Thank you so much. (Which becoms my wallpaper for the week; hmmmmm)

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Flooding this thread with pics now. Big Grin

7212426044_e953a9088e_b.jpg

7212423974_4b16e81244_c.jpg

7212428666_1960083286_c.jpg

7212431670_31e5224a26_c.jpg

7212435250_f3cd316400_c.jpg

7212439886_025f203e1b_c.jpg

7212443706_428defa52e_b.jpg

7212446486_955fa39299_b.jpg

7212448594_28e4b3abe8_b.jpg

7212450976_da4451f644_b.jpg

7212452952_48bd63775a_b.jpg

7212457342_4fd290db99_b.jpg

^i know she kinda hates the open mouth pics, but geez, if she'd stop looking so dang gorgeous in them, i'd stop posting them! lol

just amazing

That guy that was with her when she came out to meet us was so pushy. "you can't all get a pose with her so get a picture while you can". He got me so nervous lol, especially with everyone stealing her from me and the random guy with the golf hat taking 5 minutes to take a single picture haha.

After I showed her my art, someone nabbed her from me, then she turned to me smiling and said "don't worry, I didn't forget about you"

My heart just melted reliving that moment in my mind <3

It was an amazing show, and great to see a bunch of you all afterwards! Open is definitely one of my new favorite songs. and dentistgirl, your pictures are amazing.

Brianna-- i have your picture with Regina (and it's darn cute!) so if you post your email here when you get a chance, I can send it to you. hope your trip home went okay!

quote:
Originally posted by RedRyder:

That guy that was with her when she came out to meet us was so pushy. "you can't all get a pose with her so get a picture while you can". He got me so nervous lol,

I am not a fan. Her old tour manager was so much better. This guy kind seems to percieve the interaction between her and her fans as ingenuine, like it's something she doesn't really care about. If that makes any sense. To him, it seems like she's just going through the motions and better just hurry the fuck up. If that makes any sense. I've seen her greet crowds WAY larger than the 25 people after this show and she went down the line and talked to each person until they were satisfied while the tour manager just stood back, held her bags, and let her do her thing and he occasionally even added a relevant comment. Yes, I want someone to keep her safe and keep retards from doing anything shitty and am not keen on annoying people who are using her and possibly taking photos of her to sell (like that guy on Tuesday? soo weird...) What I don't want is someone who thinks I'm an annoyance. Regina doesn't. She obviously cares. Otherwise she would just get into the SUV and drive away. She could (she's done it before), but she clearly chooses not to. So I don't see the sense in some gruff jerky guy, standing one foot away from her practically tapping his foot and rolling his eyes while she is honestly trying to have a legitimate conversation with people. end of rant :/

quote:
Originally posted by ReginaFan2012:

Amazing pictures dentistgirl! Best pictures I've seen from the show. I left my camera home Frowner do you happen to have more and do you mind if I save these?

Jess

Thanks, I'm impressed myself, considering I was like 7 rows back or so. Save away I don't mind. I'll be putting the others up on facebook when I get around to it.

tumblr_m462ytM52v1qhexpoo1_500.jpg

Are you talking about this guy that is creeping behind Reg and I, or the other guy that was out there too?

This guy isn't SO bad. At the tower show he pretty much just stood back. I could tell that he really wanted to tell her to hurry up when she was talking about the whole brumstix changing thing but he didn't say anything.

I just remember how one of the guys at NYC show just told us to stop bunching up and give her space...and we weren't moving! Like we'd move up when other people left but it wasn't that bad!

Boy, I don't know if I liked this article or not. Some stupid comments, but lots of praise too. It seems the mean comments were a set up for the praise to really be big praise. Like a contrast trick to really show how much he liked the concert. I think that's what he was trying to do.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...CFB74qNOonvQ&cad=rja

Yup I think that's the guy. He was so pushy that I didn't think I would've had any interaction with regi at all, and it made me really upset. That other random guy needed to gtfo I'm sorry lol. Like dentist girl said, it was obvious he wasn't there for anything but monetary gain, which also pissed me off.

All of us that waited really just wanted to meet regi, so those two in particular almost fucked up my night. I don't really blame that security guy or whatever he was, "the heights" is not a safe part of manhattan and anything could've happened. It's gang ridden and there was a few corners not so far from the theatre that drug dealers inhabited.

When they kicked us out of the theatre, that's why I lost hope in meeting her because I didn't think she'd come out in this type of neighborhood..

Either way (even though the security guy did take my pic with regi for me)fuck those other guys because she did come out, admired my art, signed my iPad and gave me the greatest hug ever so I'm a happy camper ^_^

On top of that, I have her on letterman tonight to look forward to ^_^ already set to record on my DVR :P