Sign in to follow this  
benmoody0220

something interesting

So two things (related) that I thought the brumstix might find interesting. (Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I searched and found nothing.)

1. Amanda Palmer referenced the song "Samson" in her song "The Living Room"

The line?

"Looking up remembering,

Regina said they're just old light."

2. Regina made a cameo in Amanda Palmer's book "The Big Book of Who Killed Amanda Palmer". She lay slumped over a typewriter (as if she were dead), while Amanda laid on the table next to her (also appearing dead). I'll try to get the picture up tomorrow.

So two things (related) that I thought the brumstix might find interesting. (Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I searched and found nothing.)

1. Amanda Palmer referenced the song "Samson" in her song "The Living Room"

The line?

"Looking up remembering,

Regina said they're just old light."

2. Regina made a cameo in Amanda Palmer's book "The Big Book of Who Killed Amanda Palmer". She lay slumped over a typewriter (as if she were dead), while Amanda laid on the table next to her (also appearing dead). I'll try to get the picture up tomorrow.

there's actually a specific show or performance that the living room is about, i think, which took place at the venue of the same name. also, "this angelic beating girl" is the musician Baby Dee who was supposed to play harp on Ampersand for the album. i'm foggy on the rest of the details though, but it's a very rich song as far as references go.

the show might have been sxip's hour of charm, but, again, i can't remember.