Sign in to follow this  
Appt

-Radio Performances-

Sorry for the delay, I was swamped with work...

quote:
Originally posted by Kb93:

Wow! Very impressive list. Thank you for doing this. Could I get the 2003 xfm and the 2005 NPR recordings?

Sure you can:

XFM 2003 and 2005 NPR

quote:
Originally posted by kaoir:

Can I get the White Session at France Inter FM please?

Also, if the 2006-06-01 performance has a great quality recording, can I get the song "Eli Eli" please?

2009 White Session and Eli, Eli

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

the 2004 has a great QUALITY recording of reginasaurus

Did I miss something? Bacause my copy of the show has a very low bitrate resulting in a rusty/metallic sounding recording which I would really not describe as being of high quality.

To the selection: Almost all of these were broadcast by a radio in some form or another, for example Us from the Glastonbury set was not a part of the televised set but was only broadcast on BBC radio. Also since I am dependent on webcasts/podcasts of radio shows because I live too far to catch anything the old fashioned way, in my mind other webcasts like Bonnaroo or ACL festival belongs to the same category as the radio performances; but yeah, strictly speaking the list is radio + professional/soundboard recordings.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Did I miss something? Bacause my copy of the show has a very low bitrate resulting in a rusty/metallic sounding recording which I would really not describe as being of high quality.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1u1iuhdjrr7mkpf

how does that compare?

this is the only small file i have at hand. i had attempted to "repair" the recording by cutting out the mistakes/pauses (i'm aware many of you will consider this sacreligious, but please keep in mind i had no intention of posting it or anything at this time) but didn't spend a lot of time with that.

if it's different quality from yours i'll see if i still have the files. i think i ripped the audio from a higher quality source than the mp3s that are around.

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

quote:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1u1iuhdjrr7mkpf

how does that compare?

this is the only small file i have at hand. i had attempted to "repair" the recording by cutting out the mistakes/pauses (i'm aware many of you will consider this sacreligious, but please keep in mind i had no intention of posting it or anything at this time) but didn't spend a lot of time with that.

if it's different quality from yours i'll see if i still have the files. i think i ripped the audio from a higher quality source than the mp3s that are around.

It is definitely a different, much better source. I remember someone buying a DVD from ebay a while back with the Barfly concert supposedly included but I don't remember what happened. I will look around for the thread but is it possible you have it from that source?

EDIT: found the thread, it was Ricky who got the DVD but I don't think he got around to posting it. Shame.

Here are some sessions/web casts that I don't think are listed:

SesioneS Con Alejandro Franco (10-15-2010)

Lado B interview

high times 8/17/10

quote:

XFM Session 2003

XFM Session 2004

I think this is a little mixed up--what you have labeled as XFM Session 2003 is actually a studio session from June 2004 (shortly before the X-Posure Live "Barfly" show that's labeled as "XFM Session 2004"--which itself was not broadcast in full on radio, as far as I can remember). There was, in fact, a separate XFM studio session recorded on 12/11/2003 and broadcast on 1/8/2004, but XFM never posted it online and I don't think any of us managed to record it. When Regina returned for an interview in November 2004, they played one track from the 2003 studio session (Summer in the City), but otherwise, I haven't heard anything from it.

There was still another XFM session on 5/11/2005 featuring a performance of the song "begin to hope" (playlist here), but unfortunately I don't think anyone saved this one either.

A few others:

The Dutch station VPRO recorded Regina's set at the Paradiso (opening for Kings of Leon) on 11/23/2003. Here is the original (low bitrate) streaming file posted on their website; the setlist included Poor Little Rich Boy, Carbon Monoxide, Uh-merica, The Flowers, Folding Chair, & Summer in the City.

There was a BBC6 session on 6/15/2004 featuring performances of Poor Little Rich Boy and Carbon Monoxide; it's still streaming online.

There was a session for Virgin Radio's "Razor Cuts" on 8/1/2004 featuring Carbon Monoxide, Poor Little Rich Boy, and Somedays (can't find it at the moment, but I'm pretty sure i have it saved somewhere).

Regina's first appearance on WNYC Soundcheck was on 10/18/2004, performing Carbon Monoxide and Ghost of Corporate Future; it's also available on their site.

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

quote:

XFM Session 2003

XFM Session 2004

I think this is a little mixed up--what you have labeled as XFM Session 2003 is actually a studio session from June 2004 (shortly before the X-Posure Live "Barfly" show that's labeled as "XFM Session 2004"--which itself was not broadcast in full on radio, as far as I can remember).

Thank you so much, I was hoping somebody would clarify this. I knew I have it mislabeled somehow, I downloaded this years ago inside a torrent which was all mixed up and I tried to compare them with the streams on XFM and info here but couldn't decide which is which so I left it at that.

Also thanks fro the additions, this is shaping up nicely!

I never heard her playing Somedays on a radio, I would love to hear it if you have it.

I'll check the streams and re-do the list as soon as I can.

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

There was still another XFM session on 5/11/2005 featuring a performance of the song "begin to hope" (playlist here), but unfortunately I don't think anyone saved this one either.

oh my gosh! D: