Sign in to follow this  
IDontCare

Boston, 5-10-12, at the Orpheum Theater

himynameism: I was there with you and got some photos with her and some CDs signed. Which one were you?

I agree - it was a wonderful show! It was the first time I was able to score front row seats for a concert and Regina never disappoints!

Oh dear sweet lordy jesus.

That was the most fantastic thing I've ever seen in my days. I just, I can't even begin to describe the amazement that is consuming my soul right now.

I was able to record parts of the show ... most of the beginning, select parts of the middle and end. My device started to run out of memory really quickly and I ended up deleting my video of Only Son's performance halfway through to make room for more Regina...

Unfortunately my friend who recorded a few more of the songs when I ran out of memory ended up losing her recordings when her phone rebooted. Frowner

Anyone else get a good recording of the show? I'll eventually upload mine but I gotta edit out all the gasping and excited noises I make when a song starts........

And two things that stood out to me last night:

Regina: "And I steamed my hand, accidentally, and had to run it under cold water... and I'm wearing new shoes, and couldn't figure out how to lace them... but anyways... yeah. I'm a professional!"

And when a handful of the audience started shouting for Regina to play Buildings and she replied, "No way." Basically crushed my hope of ever hearing that song again. So upsetting.

Open was by far my favorite song of the night! I forgot to mention that the crowd gave her two standing ovations!!!! It was so beautiful. So much love in that place!

Mikaela: it was super nice to finally meet you! I love how we got back to our seats just at the perfect time! Hope your tests were okay today! See you in ny!

Paulny78: I just saw the old picture you posted of you and Reg on here, I know who you are now! I was wearing a red hoodie...I have short hair that is blonde in the front and brownish in the back. She signed my survival guide! So glad see decided to come off the bus to say hi! She was so sweet and wonderful!

The concert was fantastic. Her voice was really strong (best I've heard her yet) and she was more social than usual! She started out with some cute banter at the beginning, chatted a little during some technical difficulties, and then asked us to agree that we all loved each other! She said that because she didn't want to go off stage and come back for an encore, rather she just wanted to stay and finish. So we gave her a standing ovation with the house lights on. I think she was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed that moment.

Set list:

Ain't No Cover

The Calculation

On The Radio

Small Town Moon

Blue Lips

Patron Saint

How

All The Rowboats

Sailor Song

Sily Eye Color Generalizations

Call Them Brothers ( with Jack Dishel)

Better

Ne Me Quitte Pas

Eet

Firewood

Oh Marcello

Laughing With

Open

Us

The Party

"encore"

Fidelity

Samson

A group of about 20 people stayed after to meet her, but the security for the venue was quite rude. It was chilly and many people left after an hour of waiting in the alley way. Eventually she came out (there were probably 8 of us left) and she was so sweet and friendly.

I mentioned brümstix and she gave a huge hello and says she looks at our book all the time. It was "one of the best gifts I ever got!"

Again, great night. Sound, lights, set list, everything was fabulous.

quote:
and says she looks at our book all the time. It was "one of the best gifts I ever got!"

Big Grin

Glad everyone had such a great time. And very glad regina was in a chatty bantery mood. This bodes well for tomorrow!

regina was incredible as usual. her voice was on point, her playing was spot-on, her energy was amazing, her crowd interaction was funny and adorable.

but i have to say, and it might just be because i was not feeling very well last night, the audience at times was a little too much for me to handle.

at every single moment of quiet, there were at least five people who thought that was their personal opportunity to talk directly to regina. like toward the end of blue lips, a serious ballad, the pause was apparently put in the song by regina so that someone could shout "brooklyn" and then some other people could cheer him on after. when regina asked if the audience could be quiet so she could do math to figure out how much time she had left, that was apparently just a joke so someone else could scream at her. there was screaming and clapping at the most inappropriate times during almost every song.

i understand being excited, especially when she starts or finishes playing your favorite song, and shouting to her in between i can deal with too. but i just found a lot of it to be obnoxious and annoying, especially considering the fact that it was happening during songs like blue lips or firewood. like, thank god she didn't perform ink stains, because it would have been unbearable.

also, at one point a couple of people were yelling "buildings" (it was between songs, i'm not bitching haha) and regina said "nooo wayy." how sad for us Frowner

seriously though despite my complaining regina was awesome, i love her, and as usual i'll be the first to buy tickets whenever she comes around. the new songs sounded incredible (open was crazy good) and i'm beyond thrilled for this album.

Stepped on a syringe: your picture with her is amazing!!!! I think she was definitely motivated to come out of the bus due to our waving and blocking the street! You forgot to mention all the hugging that occurred Smiler

well, just because she said "no way" to buildings now doesn't mean she loves it any less. With Cheap Seats, i have newfound faith in her claims that she will get a proper, produced place on her albums for all of her songs. Who knows? Maybe such a reaction was because she tried to bring Buildings back recently and it didn't feel right. But i think it will have its time.

Have a little faith! Razzer

also, great picture, SOAS!

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

but i have to say, and it might just be because i was not feeling very well last night, the audience at times was a little too much for me to handle.

I agree... bit too rowdy of a crowd for my taste. (Mind you, I'm not a fan of loud, hectic shows.) There was some guy in front of me who took it upon himself to stand up and start fist pumping and hollering Samson. Like... what the fuck? Who fist pumps at a Reg show? I guess to each their own, hahah.

Marielle, I actually slept through my tests. :o It'll be better this way, then I can make them up when I'm not exhausted. But it worked out well!

here are some questionable/blurry pictures!

181226_3656865112131_1589710687_2821186_1901483685_n.jpg

530293_3656865752147_1589710687_2821187_678392188_n.jpg

545847_3656866192158_1589710687_2821188_1672316826_n.jpg