Sign in to follow this  
IDontCare

Boston, 5-10-12, at the Orpheum Theater

Oh man, it sounds like you all had a really good time (apart from the rowdy crowd, at least)! I'm pretty jealous, haha, so thanks all for sharing your stories! Smiler

I like how the article refers to Silly Eye Color Generalizations as an "improvised" piece. lol. This woman needs to learn mo' bout Regina's oeuvre.

On that note... I'm still devestated that she said no to Buildings. It's not even like she said, "ph I can't remember it," or , "oh I don't really like that one," ... just... "No way." Sort of implying that, yeah, I could totally play this right now. But I'm not gonna. No. Way. And I wanna hear itttttttt. Sooooooo baddddddddddddd.

*edit* And I just wanted to throw in: I was just as loud as anyone else in there in between songs. But I was quite appalled by the amount of needless shouting and noise DURING songs... It was slightly obnoxious... Though I love how everyone just sort of shut up all at once for "Open," hahaha.

quote:
Originally posted by IDontCare:

On that note... I'm still devestated that she said no to Buildings. It's not even like she said, "ph I can't remember it," or , "oh I don't really like that one," ... just... "No way." Sort of implying that, yeah, I could totally play this right now. But I'm not gonna. No. Way. And I wanna hear itttttttt. Sooooooo baddddddddddddd.

Aww, no worries, I think she probably just didn't remember how to play it.

Sorry to be so pedantic, but how is exactly did she say 'No way' Razzer As in, reading it, it comes across quite harsh or was it just said in a firm but not 'mean' way? I just can't even imagine Regina being mean. She managed to say "Shut the f*** up" in the cutest way possible Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

quote:
Originally posted by IDontCare:

Aww, no worries, I think she probably just didn't remember how to play it.

I am sure that is the case. She has frequently mentioned having to relearn by reference to "the internet" (meaning sites with recordings which remind of her of how to play them. "All the Rowboats" was, until recently, just such a song.

Thanks everybody for sharing pictures/videos/stories! Judging from the few videos I've seen the crowd seems to be pretty respectful during the songs - I agree that it's the worst when people don't shut up though I don't think it's the worst thing if it isn't during songs. My friends wanted to yell "Happy Passover" to her in Wellmont but I thought it was a bad idea just because she was getting enough love from the crowd.

So I am a little late posting on here, as the next afternoon after seeing Regina, we drove to CT to catch the Florence and The Machine show.

It has been a whirlwind of a weekend! I brought my friend Cristina as she just broke up with her girlfriend and I had just broken up with my bf. What better to cheer us both up than some amazing music from my favorite entertainer in my favorite city!

We scored orchestra DD seats, but when we got there, we were pleasantly surprised that DD is the front row! Amazing show and amazing seats.

I decided to brave to cold to meet Regina as I have done in the past and really happy that it worked out! The cold and the management did a good job at weeding people out, as well as a random girl who told us that Regina had left a few hours prior. I'm glad we didn't listen, and the 8 of us or so got some great 1 on 1 time talking with her, getting things signed, taking pictures, and (as someone already mentioned) lots of hugs!

himynameism: ah yes I remember you! we had a great core group of Regina fans hanging out at the end!

stepped on a syringe: such an awesome photo of you, Regina and your friend! it was great chatting with you for a bit as well, and a big thank you for helping me find the right train to get back to my car! I looked all over to find that vinyl that you had but couldn't find it at any Newbury Comics before I left Boston. I'm sure I can find it online!