Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Minsky

July 14 Stereleto Festival St. Petersburg, Russia

This maybe too early to thread, but I just wanted to comment that I'm kind of curious how this one is gonna turn out. Will she get a hero's welcome? Ticker tape parade? Smiler You know how some countries do that with athletes that are natives and made it big abroad? Is it the same with musicians? How does she chart in Russia?

This maybe too early to thread, but I just wanted to comment that I'm kind of curious how this one is gonna turn out. Will she get a hero's welcome? Ticker tape parade? Smiler You know how some countries do that with athletes that are natives and made it big abroad? Is it the same with musicians? How does she chart in Russia?

hahaha Smiler after my first time in NY for the HIAS benefit, I'll go to Moscow in july ("if Regina doesn't go to Italy, then Marcello must go to Regina..."), I hope I bought a ticket (on-line, in russian: who knows... ) , so hopefully I'll tell you about russian welcome to Regina in a couple of months Wink

Oh, I much appreciate the fact that she wrote me a song Wink

I think for Regina it will be a special concert, she comes back in Moscow after so many years!

And me also, I come back there after twenty years, in that times I was a young student of russian... that's another - small - connection with her :-)

quote:
Originally posted by Bartender:

Closer to the end of this blog there is a much more interesting part describing the performance:

Regina Spektor – Live in St. Petersburg

Thanks Bartender.

A giant white piano and "tv hair." Whoa. Wink

Looks like it's going well, and they're loving her (of course!). Despite knowing how wonderful and talented and amazing and tough she is, I was still having some major anxiety about this whole Russia trip thing. Fears are being allayed.