Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Minsky

Saturday, May 12th 2012 7:00pm Tower Theatre Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

quote:
Originally posted by dalite:

Does anyone remember what the starting set times were for both Only Son & Regina? I'm trying to figure out the timing for tonight in NYC. Thanks!

Only Son came on about 8:15, maybe? And Regina at 9:15? I might be way off. Only Son did 10 songs, and there was a respectable break in between the sets.

And Jamie, you're so right about that tambourine guy! I don't think there was a person in the place who wasn't fascinated by him Razzer

He was so weird! He was freaking my friend out at the Wellmont show. I texted her after the show when I was standing next to him. He drew some graffiti and I got a picture of it though I forgot to post it - I'll have to post it when I get back to Jersey. Until then, what it is will remain a surprise. Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

He was so weird! He was freaking my friend out at the Wellmont show. I texted her after the show when I was standing next to him. He drew some graffiti and I got a picture of it though I forgot to post it - I'll have to post it when I get back to Jersey. Until then, what it is will remain a surprise. Razzer

Was it the same thing he drew after the Philly show? Razzer

So, I have been a long time lurker and fan, and this concert was my very first opportunity to see the artist I have idolized from the first time I have heard her. In my mind, I had built her up to be a genuine, loving, shy, gracious, friendly, and supremely talented person. There was always a slight fear that if I ever met her, things would not be as I always imagined, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to drive the 400 miles to finally get to see her in person. (I mean, it's like she's always in Europe and I just wish she would come to Cleveland! Haha but I couldn't wait any longer.) The concert was perfect to me. I teared up hearing her sing live. I was so happy to be there! I have been loving all the pictures everyone has been posting too! I had bought the seats that went on sale that Wednesday for fans, but I wish I could have been even closer! (anyone know how to get those seats by the way?)

Anyway, the concert went so well, and I knew I would be happy just with that, but I decided to wait to see if she would greet fans after the show. It took two hours, but she didn't disappoint. Finally meeting her confirmed everything I have ever thought about her, and more. She stayed the whole time for every fan. I got to take pictures with her, she gave me a hug, and even signed my ticket. I'd even like to believe that something I said made her laugh, but who knows, that could have just been my imagination. Smiler after she finally got back on the bus, I was absolutely beaming with joy, and I couldn't be more proud to admire someone so deserving.

It really makes me wish I could be her friend. Smiler

Her music, her passion, and her lifestyle have all greatly influenced and shaped the prime years of my life, and I am incredibly thankful for it. I'm also thankful to have somewhere I can tell someone about it. Smiler I can't wait to meet her again one day.

quote:
Originally posted by Wishful Friend:

I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to drive the 400 miles to finally get to see her in person. (I mean, it's like she's always in Europe and I just wish she would come to Cleveland!

Ah a person after my own heart. I feel your pain. The last (and only) time she came to Cleveland, in 2007, was the first time I ever saw her. Since then I've been making a lot of trips...haha Anyway, welcome to the stix! I'm glad you had such a great experience. Hopefully you get to come for more shows. Regina is absolutely worth all the travel.

Haha I have already looked into cross-Atlantic plane tickets, but $1200 are slightly out of my price range. (Though I seriously contemplated it. I mean, I don't want my passport to go to waste! Wink ) but I was thinking if 400 miles was worth it this time, what is another 100, or even 200 miles to see her? I would like to get the best seats possible next time though. Does she ever have VIP tickets or anything where you can meet her backstage?

quote:
Originally posted by Wishful Friend:

Haha I have already looked into cross-Atlantic plane tickets, but $1200 are slightly out of my price range. (Though I seriously contemplated it. I mean, I don't want my passport to go to waste! Wink ) but I was thinking if 400 miles was worth it this time, what is another 100, or even 200 miles to see her? I would like to get the best seats possible next time though. Does she ever have VIP tickets or anything where you can meet her backstage?

No VIP, but she has been doing pre-sales! If you sign up for her email list/follow her twitter, you'll get the dates for them. After that, getting great seats is a matter of how quickly you can press buttons on the website (and luck) Smiler