Sign in to follow this  
Kb93

Color recognition to songs

Whenever I think of a certain Regina song I picture a color, for example: The Calculation is orange, Dance Anthem of the 80s is purple, and The Sword and Pen is red. Anyone else do this?

Whenever I think of a certain Regina song I picture a color, for example: The Calculation is orange, Dance Anthem of the 80s is purple, and The Sword and Pen is red. Anyone else do this?

I've always associated a very crimson red with Apres Moi. I guess I imagine giant, crimson stage curtains.

Oedipus is white as snow. A wintry, cold castle.

Lacrimosa is like.. very faded green?

Lady is purple.

Begin To Hope in general is just a rainbow of colors for me, very varied, probably why I love it so much. Smiler

I really agree with Begin to Hope being a rainbow of colors. To the people who have associate colors with those songs, have you always felt that way or did you just pick a color because of the topic?

yeah, i'm with raph. Apres Moi is always red.

Also, to me, Machine is always green. I realize the irony. But I think that's because at every live show, the stagelighting for it was green.

Laughing With is always sky blue.

quote:
Originally posted by Kb93:

I really agree with Begin to Hope being a rainbow of colors. To the people who have associate colors with those songs, have you always felt that way or did you just pick a color because of the topic?

I personally have always felt that way. The only one that I came up with for the thread was Lacrimosa, but even that is truthful, I had just never thought about the color for it before, unlike the other songs.

I sometimes associate songs with colors. I have to say I really disagree with you Kb93 about the colors of those songs :P The calculation is yellow for me. And TSatP is ice blue.

I actually think Après Moi is kinda black. A nice black that is.

And Raph, I agree about Lacrimosa actually. A bit turquoise_green-ish very light. And Lady is indeed purple.

I have synesthesia too! Here are a few of my song-color associations. Smiler

"December"--A deep green, with veins of sage.

"Ne Me Quitte Pas" (New Version)--Bright Red, with yellow polka dots (possibly related to the cover.)

"Open"--like the ocean. A deep, serene blue, almost mottled with black.

"Two Sisters"--A yellowish, dull brown swampy color.

"Small Town Moon"--Kinda rusty, brown and red.

"Riot Gear"--Royal purple.