Sign in to follow this  
Appt

2012-05-31(Le) Poisson Rouge, Bleecker St, NYC!

So, this is finally coming up. I won't be able to watch this live because it will be 4 am here and I have important studying to do the next day. However, I am delegating the recording process to someone in case NPR won't be posting a recording. It should be covered BUT my internet connection is not fast enough to capture the live stream and record video from a screen at the same time which means if the method I ultimately choose fails, there won't be any recording. That being said, it would be very much appreciated if someone made an attempt to record this as well so we minimize the risk of there being no recording of this thing at all...

I posted this as well in the other topic/post about this show...sorry for double post didn't know which post people read for this show if not both...

It is 1:14AM finally on a train home! Long day but well worth it in the end.

What a WONDERFUL show! I was not fortunate to get a ticket when they were released. I showed up at the venue around 5:30 and there were about 4 people in front of me. I asked them all if they had a extra and no one did but then these two girls came and they each had a extra plus one. Brendan* and I got to use there plus ones (so thankful to these girls).

I had the most perfect view. I was right up in the front in front of Regina. I have some amazing videos that I will post as well as pictures. The show was great! At the end of the show I got a setlist. Every song was played on there except for How, which is one of my favorite songs. I loved Open! It was my 2nd time seeing her do this live and it's just AMAZING!

After the show I was with Serg/Sergio (sorry lol not sure exact user name on here) and 3 others who I believe don't post here. Well we waited about a hour and a half. Regina walked out with Jack. She was so sweet like always. Took time to speak with us. Took pictures with each of us and she signed my setlist and ticket.

Anyway I'm trying to type so fast, 3% battery life! AHHH! I know I'm forgetting so much. Mulkully Culkin (can't spell his name) was there at the show...he was hanging out at the bar.

Post more later + pics/vids

<3 <3

Successfully recorded!

NPR says it will be available on Monday if Regina approves it...Since there are hundreds of videos on youtube she did not personally approve, I don't feel sharing this one is out of line. So, if any of you wants it give me a shout and I'll upload itWink

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Successfully recorded!

NPR says it will be available on Monday if Regina approves it...Since there are hundreds of videos on youtube she did not personally approve, I don't feel sharing this one is out of line. So, if any of you wants it give me a shout and I'll upload itWink

So glad it worked out, I'd really love to see it!! Thanks so much for recording it Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Successfully recorded!

I am certain NPR will be posting something on Monday, but looking at their other archives, and remembering something David Dye said on the broadcast, I am not sure it will be complete.

Are you saying that you have the whole thing and will post it?

^^Yup, I have the whole thing and am working on an upload as we speak.

EDIT: Unbelievable, it took two hours to upload onto vimeo and another 3 hours for them to process it and the seeking doesn't work! Mad

Meh, youtube it is.

quote:
Originally posted by Rick56:

so if NPR put up the show later what do we need to use to download the thing

I use Replay media catcher. It's not free but I haven't found a better tool yet.

I hope they do put it up. The recording turned out great but not perfect. The buffer was obviously overflowing on my end so the audio is a little bit skippy.