Sign in to follow this  
What's a Pound of Flesh?

Lana Del Rey

am i the only one who HATES the production on her album? it's just so unnecessary. i find myself watching live performance of her's on youtube all the time 'cept i never listen to her album. that being said some of the production on her past demos and some new ones too have been lovely.

and what's a pound of flesh i would check dandygarbage's youtube account. for some reason he has plenty of her rare songs.

quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:

am i the only one who HATES the production on her album? it's just so unnecessary. i find myself watching live performance of her's on youtube all the time 'cept i never listen to her album. that being said some of the production on her past demos and some new ones too have been lovely.

and what's a pound of flesh i would check dandygarbage's youtube account. for some reason he has plenty of her rare songs.

The production definitely enhances her vocal. If you watch her live performances her voice isn't that elastic and pure. Or maybe it is and she just hasn't figured out how to sing live.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:

The production definitely enhances her vocal. If you watch her live performances her voice isn't that elastic and pure. Or maybe it is and she just hasn't figured out how to sing live.

i don't think there's anything wrong with her voice live, the only time i feel that she underperforms is when she's nervous usually during tv shows or whatever. if you look at videos where she is just performing small intimate venues i think she's grand.

regarding the production, i don't know, i think it makes her sound electronic kinda. i would prefer a more raw tone compared to an elastic and pure tone anyway though.

quote:

Oh, that guy is terrible. I know he has all the leaked ones, but there are a lot circulating that are not leaked yet.

quote:
Originally posted by What's a Pound of Flesh?:

quote:

Oh, that guy is terrible. I know he has all the leaked ones, but there are a lot circulating that are not leaked yet.

terrible? haha why so? oh well 'fraid i can't help you any further then Smiler

Oh, that guy is terrible. I know he has all the leaked ones, but there are a lot circulating that are not leaked yet.terrible? haha why so? oh well 'fraid i can't help you any further then Smiler

That's fine. Thank you for trying.

I say that about that guy (who has gotten taken off YouTube, hooray!)because he steals videos from other channels and uploads them under his own name. Very not cool to take other peoples' things and try to pass them off as your own.

I first heard of her after the infamous SNL performance which was a positive thing after all because it made me curios about her album. I think she is amazing. I love her voice. After listening to a few demos and the leaked "Sirens" album though, I prefer her earlier songs and production. Born to Die with the exception of Born to die, Blue Jeans and Video Games is heavily overproduced. Also I don't particularly enjoy the hip hop beats.