Sign in to follow this  
Appt

Regina on Jimmy Fallon, June 4th

*BUMP*

It's tonight, don't forget to watch! 12.35 EDT or 11.35 central on NBC.

My guess is Ne me quitte pas. If she can do it like on GMA then it's a winner.)

quote:
Played on the super sweet Mr. Jimmy Fallon's show and it was so fun!!!! Jason Schwartzman even gave me a monkey!!!!! (no, that's not code you dirty dirty mind:-) everyone was lovely and funny and The Roots rocked it as usual! Tune in tonight if you can! Cheers, regi

from Regina's facebook page Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Oh yeah, she completely nailed it!

Here's a video, kudos to Lennonist who shared it on Facebook

Thank you. Thank you. I DVR'd it, but this is better.

I, too, love the version with the cello replacing the horns on the Cheap Seats recording. (I still mourn the missing verse and the Ne Me Quitte----PAS thing, but the way she sang this on Late Night and NPR and at United Palace is helping me get over our loss.)

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the Regina forums. I was recently blown away by the recent performance of Regina on the Jay Leno show! (Yes I know this is about the Jimmy Fallon show.) I must have been living under a rock all of this time, because, I have ever heard of Regina before that day. With that said, I must confess that I have a really bad habit of recording the Leno show and the Jimmy Fallon show and editing out the musical performances for my own personal use. I thought I would try to I uploaded Regina's performance on Jimmy Fallon on sendpace. Here is the link:

Regina on Jimmy Fallon

If you haven't used sendspace before, it requires a download tool to be installed, which I dont like. If anyone has any other suggestions for file sharing sites that are better, let me know.

Other notes:

1) The file size is LARGE, around 280mb. That is because it is high definition. If you happened to check out the thread on the Leno show, and downloaded the video for the performance of 'How' through the link, you will find that video was only about 47mb in size. That is good, but if you maximized the video on a 22 inch monitor the edges get a little blurry.

2) My videos are recorded in Windows Media Center, which are then converted to a .DVR MS format. I use the program VideoReDo to convert it to a .mpeg format. I have noticed that the audio level DROPS SIGNIFICANTLY when converting from the DVRMS format to mpeg format. I compensate for that by bumping up the audio and it seems to work. Needless to say, in the conversion, the video suffers a little. It is a little darker than the original DVRMS format. If there are any video gurus that have a better solution to convert DVRMS to MPG I would love any suggestions.

3) I hope posting links like this are ok.

Anyway, I hope someone likes the video.

Cheers.

^^Thank you! Your work is definitely appreciated. Downloading now....since when is sendspace sooooo slow?

I am not familiar with the format or WMC but videohelp.com is a great site if you want to research your options pertaining to that format. This seems like it might do the job.

Video players tend to have different filters and codecs and whatnot that influence the way you see the video on your monitor. The video itself might have the same brightness level as the original but it's displayed differently due to the player's settings.

I am always looking for high resolution, high bitrate videos of Regina's performances. Since I don't have an access to US TV I rely on what I can get from the internet. So the "bad habit" of yours and other people's is what allows me to see performances like the Fallon and Leno ones!

Ad the Leno video: it was the first version I could find so I decided to post it and not wait for the HD version; plus my line sucks so bad that uploading the larger HD file would took hours and hours.

Welcome to the Stix and keep those videos coming Wink