Sign in to follow this  
robertaxel

very nice article on Regina

One of my favorite articles ever. It just wasn't long enough Smiler. I could've read a lot more on how he felt about Regina. He just had such a great way of articulating Regina and her music. He really appreciates her and how fresh and unique she truly is. Like WE all do. It's such a confirmation to hear someone say it with such a closeness of how I also feel. I'd like to contact that guy too. It was such a beautiful expression of true Regina Spektor and an acknowledgement of all her hard hard work to give us her wonderful gifts.

And P.S. - In the picture the man looks like he was close or just past his 50's, in age. Is it just me, or does that fact make what he said even a little more special? Smiler

Speaking for the over 50 year old branch of this web site and Regina devotees everywhere, you would be surprised at how many of us there are, but only if you did not look around at every concert. I am a child of the fabled 1960s, but not alone at Regina concerts and not the oldest guy around.

(Hope this does not tick any of you people off. If, in 1972, I heard that my parents liked Jackson Browne, say, I would have been annoyed and re-evaluated my view. But then there is SInatra and Ella, and Billie Holliday and many others who bridge all ages, so....)

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

One of my favorite articles ever. It just wasn't long enough Smiler. I could've read a lot more on how he felt about Regina. He just had such a great way of articulating Regina and her music. He really appreciates her and how fresh and unique she truly is. Like WE all do. It's such a confirmation to hear someone say it with such a closeness of how I also feel. I'd like to contact that guy too. It was such a beautiful expression of true Regina Spektor and an acknowledgement of all her hard hard work to give us her wonderful gifts.

And P.S. - In the picture the man looks like he was close or just past his 50's, in age. Is it just me, or does that fact make what he said even a little more special? Smiler

I don't mean to generalize by age, it's just that I noticed how young her audiences seemed in the videos and DVDs I have seen.. I like to think that people of my era have acquired the sophistication to appreciate Regina, though I am quite happy to see all her young fans also...