Sign in to follow this  
a wetter version of the sky

Ticket resellers suck!

I know this post doesn't really have to do with Regina, but I would hope I'm not in the same situation as I am here whenever she comes to Vancouver. Plus I just feel like venting right now.

Anyway. Last week I found out Florence + the Machine was playing next month here, so I figured I'd buy some tickets. Problem is, I got paid today. Tickets were available last week at ticketmaster, not so much today.

I checked out every reseller I could find, and they all charge $170 for a ticket that cost them $65 to buy. Like really, what the hell is up with that? I'm not the type to go off on an expletive-ridden rant so I'll stop here. I'll leave it up to you to decide what choice words are in my mind right now.

edit: This probably should have gone in the rants section. Also, I ended up getting 1 of the last 2 tickets. Being a diagnosed epileptic has its benefits.

I know this post doesn't really have to do with Regina, but I would hope I'm not in the same situation as I am here whenever she comes to Vancouver. Plus I just feel like venting right now.

Anyway. Last week I found out Florence + the Machine was playing next month here, so I figured I'd buy some tickets. Problem is, I got paid today. Tickets were available last week at ticketmaster, not so much today.

I checked out every reseller I could find, and they all charge $170 for a ticket that cost them $65 to buy. Like really, what the hell is up with that? I'm not the type to go off on an expletive-ridden rant so I'll stop here. I'll leave it up to you to decide what choice words are in my mind right now.

edit: This probably should have gone in the rants section. Also, I ended up getting 1 of the last 2 tickets. Being a diagnosed epileptic has its benefits.

Jeez, that sucks. I've never experienced it, but I've heard about the ticket reseller-mark ups and stuff. Such a gyp... that they go out and buy tickets when fans want them then take advantage of it.

Hell, I'm pretty sure I've only been to one show/concert in my life... a Nikki Webster one when I was 8. Ahahahahahah.

And wow, Florence and the Machine! I've really gotten into them recently. That'd be so awesome to go to. Big Grin