Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC

Post show Manchester

10 posts in this topic

Firstly, sorry if this seems a tad selfish on my part - feel free to say so in your replies but just wanted to know what others thought.

Went to see her in Manchester last night. After a great concert (despite almost losing her voice) went to meet her post show. Waited along with about 30 others for 1 hour + only for her to go out the other way.

Why couldn't she have just told security - or even her husband who was happily chatting with the fans just outside there for a while she didn't want to come out? Or just came out and just done a few? Don't think they were the type of people who would have gotten upset if she had done this.

Just a bit deflating waiting all that time when she must have known people were waiting and had no intention to come out that way. It was a late finish anyway and don't think it was nice on her part.

Yes she doesn't have to come out - but could she have not just told security on arrival she wouldn't? Like she did in 2009. At least then everyone wouldn't have been waiting in vein. It was gone midnight by the point she went and we were told and though it was my choice when I had to be up early for work I felt a bit let down.

Yes, I realise she had voice problems last night and may not have been feeling great - but even coming out for a minute and a quick photo opp would have been worth it - instead nothing.

Any other thoughts/ perspectives on this?

Firstly, sorry if this seems a tad selfish on my part - feel free to say so in your replies but just wanted to know what others thought.

Went to see her in Manchester last night. After a great concert (despite almost losing her voice) went to meet her post show. Waited along with about 30 others for 1 hour + only for her to go out the other way.

Why couldn't she have just told security - or even her husband who was happily chatting with the fans just outside there for a while she didn't want to come out? Or just came out and just done a few? Don't think they were the type of people who would have gotten upset if she had done this.

Just a bit deflating waiting all that time when she must have known people were waiting and had no intention to come out that way. It was a late finish anyway and don't think it was nice on her part.

Yes she doesn't have to come out - but could she have not just told security on arrival she wouldn't? Like she did in 2009. At least then everyone wouldn't have been waiting in vein. It was gone midnight by the point she went and we were told and though it was my choice when I had to be up early for work I felt a bit let down.

Yes, I realise she had voice problems last night and may not have been feeling great - but even coming out for a minute and a quick photo opp would have been worth it - instead nothing.

Any other thoughts/ perspectives on this?

Hi KC, I waited too but to be honest after what happened to her on stage I wasn't surprised or too disappointed. Although that is easy for me to say as I took the next day off work (I had to really, I travelled from Glasgow for the show).

I was more concerned to see she was OK and it looks like tonight's show is still on, so hopefully she is on the mend.

I hope you get to meet her some other time and at least we got a laugh at the guys trying to load a grand piano onto a truck (well I did anyway)

And of course the show was amazing. Smiler

She had a sudden throat problem mid way through a song and then had to leave the stage for about 20 minutes. She came back and finished the show, but looked like she was in a bit of pain.

Not comfortable to watch but you can see it here:

Poor Regina. Frowner

I understand your disappointment KC, but I don't think she'd leave fans like that if she didn't feel like she needed to. Every time I've seen Regina live (except for small shows with hour long sets, really), she's come out afterwards and been the best, so something probably wasn't right. Otherwise, I honestly think she would have said hello.

I agree with Raph. She is usually super sweet about coming over and saying hello, even if her security is trying to hurry her away. She must have really not been feeling well, give her the benefit of the doubt.

OK, thanks for the replies guys. Did wonder if voice problem had put her off at end of the night. Not letting it get to me, still enjoyed the night and was lucky to be there as I only got a last minute ticket.

She didn't come out after the show in Helsinki either. There were only 11-12 people waiting for her outside right after, and we were told first that she already left, then a few minutes later that she was still backstage, then about 30 minutes later we saw her band leave in a car with darkened windows, not sure if Regi was in that car as it was hard to see the people on the backseat. They didn't stop and after that we kind of had a good view to the backstage area and saw no one there, so I decided to leave. Kind of felt a little disappointed and dumb for standing there but the show was good so I'm over it now! Big Grin