Sign in to follow this  
kaoir

2012-05-07 - Le Trianon (Paris.. in the rain!)

Oh guys... Regina is wonderful. <3 (and she said Thank you to Paris on her facebook!)

You should see this indelible smile on my face, I'm so so happy. This was the best musical experience of my life. Smiler

First, I wanna say thank you to Emmerrrrrr/.. Emma?.. Ah, I'm so sorry! I have forgotten to ask you your name..

Anyway, it was really cool to meet a stixer! I had so much fun to wait with you and meet Regina (yeah guys! We met her!). Speak English with you was really funny.. Now you can say to everyone that my accent is terrible. Big Grin

Also, I think you can check your emails.. Smiler

Okay!

My sister and I woke up early in the morning. On the train we talked about Regina and I couldn't stop smiling.

We came to the theatre in the afternoon and nobody was waiting so we sat on a bar and ordered some limeade. Shortly after, we saw a girl with her mother who were waiting next to the theatre so we decided to wait with them. More and more people came and all her musicians were on the bar. After a while, the security guards talked with us because they wanted to know some stuff about Regina. They were like "Regina.. Spektor.. Who is she? What's her style?" Nobody knew how to explain her style, people were like "Oh..She plays piano and.. she was born in Russia and.. her lyrics are wonderful and.. she plays a lot with her voice.. but..". Finally I said "You know.. Regina has her own style. You can't define her, the only thing to do is to enjoy her music." haha. Big Grin

We waited and waited and waited again and finally they opened the doors! (7:30 pm)

I was very surprised because when they opened the doors, everyone started to run to be near to the stage. It was not my first concert but it was the first time I saw people running before a concert. Weird.

Anyway, I was standing right in front of the piano during the show!! In fact, there was no separation between the stage and the crowd so the piano was very very close to me. Guys.. I felt so lucky.

30 minutes later, Jack Dishel came on stage and played a few songs. Everyone was very kind with him and we all enjoyed his music! I was so happy when he played 'It's a Boy', 'Magic' or 'Stamp your name on it'. Beautiful songs.

Also, Jack is so funny! His band was not with him so he said "I would like to introduce you to my band... My Ipod!" He also tried to learn some French words. He was drinking wiskey so he asked us how to say "We are drinking wiskey together". At the end, he wanted to know how to say "God", everybody said "Dieu" and then he turned-off his Ipod and the music stopped. He looked at the crowd and said "You get it?", he seemed really proud of his joke, haha. He finally walked of the stage.

A few minutes later, Regina came out! I was speechless and so happy to see her! Regina was lovely and very happy to play for us!

I was impressed, she sounds AMAZING live. I was very close to the stage so I could see her hands on the piano. Incredible. She often closes her eyes during songs, she says thank you after every songs, her smile is the biggest smile in the world and she has lovely expressions and gestures. The crowd was applauding furiously after every songs. It was just perfect.

I have recorded the show, you can download it ---> here

I'm sorry because I had my camera but I have forgotten to take pictures.. hehe. However, someone took nice pics during the show: link

428518_279342118840230_423909628_n.jpg

Setlist!

Ain't no Cover (

)

The Calculation

On the Radio (

)

Small Town Moon (

)

Ode to Divorce (

)

Blue Lips (

)

Patron Saint

Someone in the crowd: "We love you!"

Regina: "Merci.. et moi aussi." (Thanks.. me too.) <3

How

All the Rowboats (

)

After the song, she talked in French and tried to introduce us to her musicians. She was so cute but at the end of the sentence she said "Oh Fuck!" because she had difficulties to speak in French. Haha.

Eet (

)

Call Them Brothers

She always have the same gestures when she sings that song. That's funny.

She comes back to her piano and said something like: "I think I'm meant to just be sat at one place. As soon as I get up around I get confused." Big Grin

The Prayer

I'm speechless. Hear Regina singing in Russian is something you can't forget. After the song, someone in the crowd talk in russian (I think he said 'thank you') and Regina said a few words in Russian but I didn't understand. =)

Dance Anthem of the 80's (

)

Better (

)

During this song, everyone was playing the drums with their hands and Regina seemed so happy! She said "As you said in France.. C'est très très cool!" (this is very very cool!)

Ne me quitte pas (

)

I'm sorry, I can't find the complete video.. Of course, the song was amazing! Everybody was singing with Regina, especially when she says "I love Paris in the rain". Everyone was ecstatic! When the song ended, we were applauding furiously and regina couldn't stop smiling.

Oh Marcello (

)

Ballad of a Politician

Here again, Regina got a BIG round of applause. People hit the floor with their feet and everybody went crazy!

I don't remember exactly what she said but it was like "Fuck man!! Oh.. I don't know.. I'm just so happy.."

When she talked to us, I saw her face and I thought she will cry because of happiness. It was a very moving moment. <3

Open (

)

I closed my eyes during this song. I had so much mental images and thoughts.. It gave me chills. After the show, my sister told me she was afraid when she saw me. She said I was in a trance state. Smiler

Regina: " Thank you so much!"

The crowd: "Thank you!"

Regina: "No, Thank you!"

The crowd: "No! Thank you!"

Regina: *big smile*

Firewood (

)

The Party

-----

Fidelity (

)

Hotel Song (

)

Samson

After the show, I met Jack Dishel and he signed my album. He seemed really happy to have fans in France!

Then, I waited with my sister next to the VIP room because I wanted to say thank you to Regina. A security guard was there and we were not allowed to see Regina. This guard was really nice because everytime someone opened the doors and left, he asked if they could give us their VIP tickets. Unfortunately, it didn't worked. Smiler

Then, I saw .. Emma (I hope your name is Emma, haha) and we went on the outside.

We waited during.. 1 hour (?) and suddenly, Regina came out! She was holding a pillow (awww).

She didn't saw us (we were a small group, 7 persons) because she was surrounded by security guards so we called her. When she saw us, she smiled, went to her bus, and came back to talk with us. I was so happy to meet her! She is very nice with her fans. I got an autograph, I said thank you and then I asked if I could take a picture with her. She looked at me, smiled and said "Yees, of course!", I got a pic and I said thank you again. (ouhou!)

Then, Emma (aah) asked if I could take a photo of her with Regina. I said yes but when I tried to take the picture, I forgot to remove the lens cap. HAHAHA. Ahem. Hopefully, Regina was there to point out to me my mistake. Big Grin

Regina couldn't stay with us for a long time because everybody was waiting in the bus. As usual, the security guards were stupid, they said things like 'no more pics', 'it's over' and were really rude with people. But Regina was very nice, she talked with everyone and tried to do her best to make everyone happy! Smiler

My sister says I have a weird face on this picture but I don't care.. I met Regina!!

255341_279346268839815_124127476_n.jpg

I'm so glad I had the chance to see Regina playing music. I can't sleep anymore but I'm very happy. I hope one day I could meet all of you!

Cheers! Smiler

Oh guys... Regina is wonderful. <3 (and she said Thank you to Paris on her facebook!)

You should see this indelible smile on my face, I'm so so happy. This was the best musical experience of my life. Smiler

First, I wanna say thank you to Emmerrrrrr/.. Emma?.. Ah, I'm so sorry! I have forgotten to ask you your name..

Anyway, it was really cool to meet a stixer! I had so much fun to wait with you and meet Regina (yeah guys! We met her!). Speak English with you was really funny.. Now you can say to everyone that my accent is terrible. Big Grin

Okay!

My sister and I woke up early in the morning. On the train we talked about Regina and I couldn't stop smiling.

We came to the theatre in the afternoon and nobody was waiting so we sat on a bar and ordered some limeade. Shortly after, we saw a girl with her mother who were waiting next to the theatre so we decided to wait with them. More and more people came and all her musicians were on the bar. After a while, the security guards talked with us because they wanted to know some stuff about Regina. They were like "Regina.. Spektor.. Who is she? What's her style?" Nobody knew how to explain her style, people were like "Oh..She plays piano and.. she was born in Russia and.. her lyrics are wonderful and.. she plays a lot with her voice.. but..". Finally I said "You know.. Regina has her own style. You can't define her, the only thing to do is to enjoy her music." haha. Big Grin

We waited and waited and waited again and finally they opened the doors! (7:30 pm)

I was very surprised because when they opened the doors, everyone started to run to be near to the stage. It was not my first concert but it was the first time I saw people running before a concert. Weird.

Anyway, I was standing right in front of the piano during the show!! In fact, there was no separation between the stage and the crowd so the piano was very very close to me. Guys.. I felt so lucky.

30 minutes later, Jack Dishel came on stage and played a few songs. Everyone was very kind with him and we all enjoyed his music! I was so happy when he played 'It's a Boy', 'Magic' or 'Stamp your name on it'. Beautiful songs.

Also, Jack is so funny! His band was not with him so he said "I would like to introduce you to my band... My Ipod!" He also tried to learn some French words. He was drinking wiskey so he asked us how to say "We are drinking wiskey together". At the end, he wanted to know how to say "God", everybody said "Dieu" and then he turned-off his Ipod and the music stopped. He looked at the crowd and said "You get it?", he seemed really proud of his joke, haha. He finally walked of the stage.

A few minutes later, Regina came out! I was speechless and so happy to see her! Regina was lovely and very happy to play for us!

I was impressed, she sounds AMAZING live. I was very close to the stage so I could see her hands on the piano. Incredible. She often closes her eyes during songs, she says thank you after every songs, her smile is the biggest smile in the world and she has lovely expressions and gestures. The crowd was applauding furiously after every songs. It was just perfect.

I'm sorry because I had my camera but I have forgotten to take pictures.. hehe. However, someone took nice pics during the show: link

Setlist!

Ain't no Cover (

)

The Calculation

On the Radio (

)

Small Town Moon (

)

Ode to Divorce (

)

Blue Lips (

)

Patron Saint

How

All the Rowboats (

)

After the song, she talked in French and tried to introduce us to her musicians. She was so cute but at the end of the sentence she said "Oh Fuck!" because she had difficulties to speak in French. Haha.

Eet (

)

Call Them Brothers

She comes back to her piano and said something like: "I think I'm meant to just be sat at one place. As soon as I get up around I get confused." Big Grin

The Prayer

I'm speechless. Hear Regina singing in Russian is something you can't forget. After the song, someone in the crowd talk in russian (I think he said 'thank you') and Regina said a few words in Russian but I didn't understand. =)

)

Better (

)

During this song, everyone was playing the drums with their hands and Regina seemed so happy! She said "As you said in France.. C'est très très cool!" (this is very very cool!)

Ne me quitte pas (

)

I'm sorry, I can't find the complete video.. Of course, the song was amazing! Everybody was singing with Regina, especially when she says "I love Paris in the rain". Everyone was ecstatic! When the song ended, we were applauding furiously and regina couldn't stop smiling.

Oh Marcello (

)

Ballad of a Politician

Here again, Regina got a BIG round of applause. People hit the floor with their feet and everybody went crazy!

I don't remember exactly what she said but it was like "Fuck man!! Oh.. I don't know.. I'm just so happy.."

When she talked to us, I saw her face and I thought she will cry because of happiness. It was a very moving moment. <3

Open (

)

I closed my eyes during this song. I had so much mental images and thoughts.. It gave me chills. After the show, my sister told me she was afraid when she saw me. She said I was in a trance state. Smiler

Firewood (

)

The Party

-----

Fidelity (

)

Hotel Song (

)

Samson

After the show, I met Jack Dishel and he signed my album. He seemed really happy to have fans in France!

Then, I waited with my sister next to the VIP room because I wanted to say thank you to Regina. A security guard was there and we were not allowed to see Regina. This guard was really nice because everytime someone opened the doors and left, he asked if they could give us their VIP tickets. Unfortunately, it didn't worked. Smiler

Then, I saw .. Emma (I hope your name is Emma, haha) and we went on the outside.

We waited during.. 1 hour (?) and suddenly, Regina came out! She was holding a pillow (awww).

She didn't saw us (we were a small group, 7 persons) because she was surrounded by security guards so we called her. When she saw us, she smiled, went to her bus, and came back to talk with us. I was so happy to meet her! She is very nice with her fans. I got an autograph, I said thank you and then I asked if I could take a picture with her. She looked at me, smiled and said "Yees, of course!", I got a pic and I said thank you again. (ouhou!)

Then, Emma (aah) asked if I could take a photo of her with Regina. I said yes but when I tried to take the picture, I forgot to remove the lens cap. HAHAHA. Ahem. Hopefully, Regina was there to point out to me my mistake. Big Grin

Regina couldn't stay with us for a long time because everybody was waiting in the bus. As usual, the security guards were stupid, they said things like 'no more pics', 'it's over' and were really rude with people. But Regina was very nice, she talked with everyone and tried to do her best to make everyone happy! Smiler

My sister says I have a weird face on this picture but I don't care.. I met Regina!!

I'm so glad I had the chance to see Regina playing music. I can't sleep anymore but I'm very happy. I hope one day I could meet all of you!

Cheers! Smiler

glad you met her, she is nice isn't she despite the security gits, and many thanks for the recording

shame the rah show has not surfaced

actually you and Regina look great. And happy.

Your post was wonderful. I was so curious as to how NMQP would be received and was almost in tears when I read what you wrote.

quote:
Originally posted by kaoir:

Okay!

Setlist!

Ain't no Cover (

)

The Calculation

On the Radio (

)

Small Town Moon (

)

Ode to Divorce (

)

Blue Lips (

)

Patron Saint

How

All the Rowboats (

)

Eet (

)

Call Them Brothers

The Prayer

)

Better (

)

Ne me quitte pas (

)

Oh Marcello (

)

Ballad of a Politician

Open (

)

Firewood (

)

The Party

-----

Fidelity (

)

Hotel Song (

)

Samson

Cheers! Smiler

Rick56: You're welcome!!

Barth: Thank you so much. Yeah, I was almost in tears at the end of 'ne me quitte pas'. People gave her so much love and Regina seemed so happy, she looked at us and said: "Guys.. I feel really nice."

And I think I was literaly in tears after Ballad of a Politician. Haha. On the recording you can't hear very well but.. WOW! Smiler

Ghost: Haha, yeah you're right, usually she plays 'Us'. But honestly.. I'm not disappointed. She played 'Ode to divorce'. My life is complete. Razzer

Oh guys! I just wanted to add something. The curtseys made at the end of her shows are just super cute. <3

I loved reading your story, Jordane! Thank you. I haven’t seen any videos yet because I just want to hear in my head what it sounded like.. but I’m so glad there are recordings, videos, your story, etc.. to remember the night forever :] Here’s my take on the night:

Okay, maybe I asked for it, with my t-shirt and all, but on July 5th 2012 you really had to loove Paris in the rain. It was pouring outside when me and my parents got in the queue around 6PM. In the afternoon, I’d already checked out the outside of the venue and seen Regina’s bus and crew. It seemed the crew were waiting for something, they were constantly looking in one direction, so I thought they might be waiting for Regina, but I think after all it was just the truck with instruments. Everyone in the queue (the concert had been sold out) was holding up umbrellas. However the rain didn’t get us in any earlier than 7PM. But it was okay – I knew that it was going to be worth it!

When I showed my ticket and bag to the security guy, he noticed I’d brought my camera. I wasn’t planning on using it all, because I just wouldn’t want to miss a single thing during the concert, but the hotel we were staying in didn’t seem like the best place to leave a camera. I freaked out a little bit: what if they wouldn’t let me in? But I could leave the camera at the cloakroom where someone would watch over it. Soon after, the doors to the concert hall opened. Everyone sort of ran like wild animals to get a place close to the stage. I managed to get a spot a few rows from the stage where I could see Regina perfectly.

At 8PM, Jack entered the stage. I finally started to realize that Regina had to be really close now! He was wearing his ring. He asked if we spoke English, and he was obviously glad that we did because he couldn’t really say anything other than ‘bonsoir’ and maybe ‘merci’ :P I still really love that he tried though – I haven’t seen artists putting much effort into speaking Dutch at all. As kaoir said, his introduction of his band was really fun and something the audience would remember. I was afraid I wouldn’t know a lot of his songs, but I’d heard most of them before. I was really glad he played ‘It’s a Boy’ which he introduced by saying that it was ‘about the future, maybe’ and I was like woah, what does that mean Jack?! Maybe I read into it too much. It was great to know that ‘Call Them Brothers’ was most probably going to happen later. The audience got a tad annoying (talked a lot) during the last few songs but I’m glad I got to see him perform.

Then when he had finished, it was time to wait for Regina. Obviously people got impatient and started to clap to lure her onto the stage. She came out around 9PM looking very happy and making this cool rock star move I couldn’t describe.

I'd been wondering about the opening song: I knew that she'd been doing Ain't No Cover but I thought maybe she'd do Ne Me Quitte Pas just because, you know, Paris. But she opened with Ain't No Cover and it was so awesome! She then said bonsoir and asked us if we were as warm as she was - indeed we were, it was really really hot in there. Regina said it was sort of like a sauna, but for a thousand people at once.. a sauna from hell. I couldn't help but shout 'It's okay!' because if this was hell then I really was okay with it.

Then, she sat down to play The Calculation, the opening song in both concerts that I had seen in 2009 (this was my third time seeing her live). She got up again to move the air conditioner that was behind here and when she sat down again she said: ‘That’s better. I’m like a kite.. in a very low wind.’ The Calculation sounded awesome as ever. On The Radio got people singing along to the ‘radio-oh-oh’ parts.

Then it was time for the first song from the new album, Small Town Moon. We clapped along to her foot stamping. Regina introduced the next song by saying it was ‘agé.. or ancienne?’ she noted that ‘I used to be really good at French but then all my French friends started practising their English on me’. Ancienne means old, so that made me soo curious about what was next! She then proceeded to say it was‘Ode to Divorce’ with a cute French accent. It was so beautiful, I’m really glad I got to hear it live. It’s my favourite song on the Live in London CD. The next song was Blue Lips, that was the first time I heard that two girls behind me were particularly fond of their own singing. I tried not to let them annoy me too much and leaned forward to hear Regina better. After that she played Patron Saint, a song of hers that I’ve known and loved for a long, long time and it was great to hear the live version.

A few people in the audience shouted ‘We love you!’ at the same time, to which she responded, sort of whispering in the mic: ‘merci, et moi aussi’ :]

Then it was time for How. Such a strong new song, followed by a much older song All The Rowboats. I love her mouth sound effects. Then she introduced introducing her band in French, followed by and English description of her band members. She said her French sucked, and of course the audience comforted her saying that it sounded just fine.

When she sang Eet, the girls behind me got annoying again, even singing things like ‘the words OF your favourite song’ instead of ‘TO your favourite song’ and I just thought: maybe if you’d listen to Regina right now, you would know what she was singing. I know I might sound too negative here. Sorry. Apart from that the audience was amazing. Then she invited Jack to the stage and I didn’t even notice that the band members left at the same time until after their beautiful song ‘Call Them Brothers’. Their interaction and gestures were sooo cute and their voices are just a perfect match. After the song she didn’t sit down right away, so I thought she was going to do a song like Dance Anthem or maybe a guitar song, but then she got back to the piano, and as kaoir quoted, she said “I think I'm meant to just be sat at one place. As soon as I get up around I get confused.” She introduced The Prayer by saying she wanted to play a Russian song she really loved. Gorgeous! It really sort of brought me to another world or something. That sounds weird but it was true. Then she got up again, to play Dance Anthem Of The 80s. She was so smiley and opened her eyes a couple times to look around. Everyone in the room shouted ‘SOLO!!’ with her. Then during ‘Better’ we all knew we were supposed to clap along before she even indicated it and it was really fun that the audience was so into getting it right. Regina also found it très, très cool. ;P Then finally we got to Ne Me Quitte Pas which was of course a highlight in Paris. I love the cello solo so much! A lot better than the trumpet solo, to be honest. Regina gave a really appreciative smile to the cellist Yoed Nir. The whole audience became a big choir during the ‘I Love Paris In The Rain’ part, and Regina was soooo smiley! I was sort of hoping that she would do the ‘ne.. me.. quitte.. PAS’ bits at the end but it ended like the newly recording version. It was okay though, after the song her hand reached towards her heart and she said ‘that made me feel so happy!’ And you could definitely tell that it did.

The next songs were Oh Marcello and Ballad of a Politician, awesome to hear them live. I think when she finished with those, she said ‘You guys are just so awesome, I just wanna hang out!’ at some point. So sweet. Somehow when she started to play Open, I thought it was going to be The Sword And The Pen and then I was like ohh wait it’s Open. It was great, I just thought the volume of her voice was a little low so the gasping part wasn’t as haunting as usual. Then she thanked us, and someone in the audience said ‘no, thank YOU’! To which she whispered, playfully, ‘no thank you!’ and the audience said ‘no thank you!’ again. So sweet. Then she played Firewood. Her hands move sooo fast! The waltz part is amazing. She thanked us again and played The Party, the last song of the ‘real’ set. Again, the volume of her voice was a little low here compared to the other instruments, but it’s such a fun song.

When she left the stage the audience went crazy. Everyone was shouting, clapping and stamping so hard. You could feel the floor shaking. It scared my mum a bit actually, haha, because it was such an old theatre! But fortunately it didn’t collapse :P Regina came back and someone shouted ‘We missed you!’ which was funny but it also made me realize that she was going to leave and I worried a bit about being able to meet her afterwards, and then I worried about thinking about that too much instead of enjoying the last bit of the concert. So I focussed on the last songs: Fidelity, Hotel Song and Samson (the singalong girls behind me went wild on that last one). Gorgeous.

When she had left for real, the first thing I did was getting my camera back just to make sure it was still there. Then I got in line for the merchandising. They were selling pretty nice posters with this photo and Regina’s name on it in red, but I knew that by the time I’d be home it would have so many creases in it that I didn’t get one. I hope it will be available in her webshop some day. I bought a set of stickers and Jack’s cd. Jack was signing cd’s and hanging out with fans a bit, so I thanked him for being so awesome and said I loved Call Them Brothers so much. He said it was a really fun song to do and said ‘it’s on this CD too!’. He seemed very happy that there were two versions. After that, I just sort of walked around in the theatre’s lounge. Looking out the window I saw that there was a huge crowd around Regina’s bus so I thought it would be better just to stay inside for a while.

Then I noticed a group of fans standing in front of a door. Jordane spotted my t-shirt and told me there was a VIP room there. There was some sort of journalist and friend thing going on in there which was a bit confusing with VIP cards and stuff, and I wondered if this was a reason for Regina not to meet fans outside. Security guards told us to leave the venue, which we reluctantly did. We waited outside with a small group of fans. We saw a lot of the crew members moving stuff into the truck and some band members going into the bus as well. Which made me hopeful that Regina would leave through the same door. Meanwhile my super patient parents talked to one of the crew members who’d been doing crew work for 7 years. He told them about working with Madonna, Bruce Springsteen and that it was different every time. He also said that they (Regina and her band and crew) had a 17-hour-drive to Portugal ahead of them. We were getting tired, or probably exhausted at this point but none of us gave up. I really didn’t want to leave – I usually have to because I need to catch a train or something but this time we were staying in a hotel right across the street so why not stay a little longer?

And then after what was probably 1,5 hours of waiting (and chatting with Regina fans!) Regina came outside, surrounded by a lot of security people. We shouted her name and she waved at us – at that point I thought maybe she was too tired to say hi, maybe this was the closest we would get to her, I just waved and smiled. But then, when she’d gotten rid of the pillow, she turned around and came back to us. She signed the CDs we had brought, and seriously she’s sooo kind! I’d pulled out the booklet of my Soviet Kitsch CD to make it easier to sign, and she asked if I had a specific page I wanted her to sign, I mean wow, I didn’t, but she definitely wants to make sure her fans are happy! I don’t think the security guards were very glad that I’d brought two CDs (I wanted to give one of them to a fellow Regina fan who wasn’t there) but she didn’t mind. I told her how amazing the concert had been and then fortunately I remembered to say ‘Look, I made this t-shirt!’ and she said ‘Oh, that is so cool!’ Then she talked to Jordane and when she was posing for the picture she was again making sure everything was okay, asking if the picture was good enough, etc. Then two fans from Belgium wanted a picture too, which I took, and Regina was just so patient. Before the concert I’d had no intention at all to ask her to take a photo, because meeting her would be great enough, blah blah. But then while taking the picture of those two fans I sort of realized.. wait, I want this too! I felt a little clumsy because I had a camera but I wasn’t sure it was going to be a success to explain how it works so I just sort of asked if anyone could take a picture, and then asked Regina if she wanted to take a picture with me. She smiled and said ‘yes, of course! You gotta show of your shirt!’ And then fortunately Jordane could take the picture (thank you soooooo much!!) and I think basically everyone was taking a picture of us, haha. Jordane mentioned we were both on brumstix. I tried to ask something about the new layout but at the same time Regina stood next to me so I don’t think I even asked it. It’s all a blur haha. Regina was The. Sweetest. Ever. Seriously. Then she went back to the bus and said goodbye to some people (I think they’d been in the VIP room). My dad said ‘Thank you very much!’ as she walked by my parents and Regina said ‘Thank YOU!’. He was impressed for sure ^^ We waved goodbye to the bus. I talked to some other fans, who were also in awe of how down to earth she was, and a man who kept saying 'Elle est une sirène!' (She's a siren). Then it was time to go back to the hotel. Wow. So, that happened! I couldn’t even believe it but then Jordane sent me the picture, and now I know it was real. Here it is:

7526999908_69a045d378_o.jpg

Big Grin

Also, I don't know when this was but people shouted requests at some point. I wondered what people were saying: 'la vologie?' Is that some French word I don't know? Turns out they were asking for loveology :P There were some other requests too, for example Düsseldorf, Mermaid (aww) and someone had written THE CALL on a piece of paper. She explained it was already so hard to remember how to play the songs she'd planned. I thought it was cool someone asked for Mermaid though.

I love your story! Smiler

I loved when you said The Prayer brought you to another world, that's so true! Hear her songs live is so special.

I'm sorry that there were annoying girls behind you. Everybody around me was so quiet when Regina was singing! I remember when the floor was shaking. That was funny.

I have found a new video with the first three song:

Also.. 'lavologie' HAHA. No, it's not a French word. My sister and I laughed so hard when we talked about it after the show. I think the girl who asked for 'loveology' tried to have a perfect accent but.. it didn't work.

When we waited outside, the guy who told us Regina was a siren was so weird.. haha.

Also, when we met Regina, I don't remember if you asked something about the new layout. I remember when I said we were both on brümstix and Regina answered something like 'Oh. That's cool.' but right after I was concentrated on the picture I had to take so I don't remember. Smiler

I posted my picture on facebook and two friends of mine commented. They said "WOW. Regina Spektor? I didn't know her! I've just listened to 'On the Radio' and it's amazing!" Smiler