Sign in to follow this  
kaoir

2012-05-07 - Le Trianon (Paris.. in the rain!)

I love reading concert stories! =) The longer the better. Thank you so much for sharing yours! I truly appreciate it. It's amazing how she can stay so sweet and kind throughout all of her shows all over the world. I wonder if she can even be grumpy. I imagine she could get really angry or furious if someone is being treated unfairly. I don't think she's the type who would silently go around the house and mutter. I think she would be truly angry and deal with it at once. Seems like she lets herself really feel. I don't know many people who could be so genuinely happy such a big percent of the time. Because I don't think she's acting it. Oh look what direction this post took. Probably doesn't belong in this thread anymore.

Ehm. Great Paris show guys! :P I wish I could've been there practising my French with you by talking about reg.

Thanks porcupine-ologist and sweetness in my lungs!

Yeah, she was the sweetest with us. I don't know how she is in her everyday life - and it might sound cheesy - but it would be so cool if people could enjoy life as she does during her shows. Things would be more simple. Smiler

Well. Now I have to post my recording on respektonline. Good exercise. I suck at technology. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Emmerrrrrrr:

Then finally we got to Ne Me Quitte Pas which was of course a highlight in Paris. I love the cello solo so much! A lot better than the trumpet solo, to be honest.

YESSS!!! Strings ftw

Thank you Emerrrrrr and kaoir so much for taking the time to share all the details. If I can't be there myself, I certianly love getting to read about it. I'm glad you both had such a wonderful night. And it seems like Regina did too. She is the best. Great pics!

quote:
Originally posted by kaoir:

I posted my picture on facebook and two friends of mine commented. They said "WOW. Regina Spektor? I didn't know her! I've just listened to 'On the Radio' and it's amazing!" Smiler

Yay, you're creating new Regina fans! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by porcupine-ologist:

kaoir and Emmerrrrrrr, thank you for sharing your stories. I'm so happy for you that you both got to meet Regina!

Emmerrrrrrrr, (haha I'm not sure if I put the right number of "r's"), I love your shirt! Big Grin

Thank you! There are 7 Rs in my name by the way - but you could also call me Emma :P

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

I love reading concert stories! =) The longer the better. Thank you so much for sharing yours! I truly appreciate it. It's amazing how she can stay so sweet and kind throughout all of her shows all over the world. I wonder if she can even be grumpy. I imagine she could get really angry or furious if someone is being treated unfairly. I don't think she's the type who would silently go around the house and mutter. I think she would be truly angry and deal with it at once. Seems like she lets herself really feel. I don't know many people who could be so genuinely happy such a big percent of the time. Because I don't think she's acting it. Oh look what direction this post took. Probably doesn't belong in this thread anymore.

Ehm. Great Paris show guys! :P I wish I could've been there practising my French with you by talking about reg.

Thank you - nevermind about going a little off topic, I love the way she looks at life too, and I think it shows whenever you see her and especially when you hear her talk about stuff in interviews.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:
Originally posted by Emmerrrrrrr:

Then finally we got to Ne Me Quitte Pas which was of course a highlight in Paris. I love the cello solo so much! A lot better than the trumpet solo, to be honest.

YESSS!!! Strings ftw

Thank you Emerrrrrr and kaoir so much for taking the time to share all the details. If I can't be there myself, I certianly love getting to read about it. I'm glad you both had such a wonderful night. And it seems like Regina did too. She is the best. Great pics!

Strings just have that extra.. warmth, you know? Love them. You're welcome, I always love reading your posts about concerts too. Writing about it is a great way to relive the night a little bit.

I don't really get the Dieu-joke though. That he was a god for deciding when the music should stop? But why say it in French? Or does it sound like another word in English or or or... confused. Was it just that he had the power to turn it off? That's not very funny :P hehehe

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

he was a god for deciding when the music should stop

Exactly. Roll Eyes

He said it in French because.. he was in France. Hehe.

In fact, at the beginning of the show he asked us if we spoke English and a few people said 'yeaah'. Then he asked if anyone couldn't speak English but nobody answered. He said we were liars and I think he asked us how to say 'God' in French so that everyone can understand his wonderful joke. Smiler

(aaah.. How to deal with tenses in English? I can't live without the imperfect and the subjunctive.. *headache*)

Aww thanks soo much for your recording, kaoir! I'm just listening to it for the first time now because 'I just wanted my memories to remain' haha.. I just wanted to remember what it was like. But now 26 days after the concert, I need reminders to remember what it was like. So this is the first time I'm hearing How again. OMG she's amazing! Yeah, that's not really news. But thanks so much for recording it :]

Hey! You're welcome!! That's funny because I was listening to it yesterday. Ah. <3

A few days ago I read a french review of this show and it says "Regina literally set fire to the Trianon". Apparently, when everyone went crazy and when the floor was shaking, a smell of burning and some smoke escaped from the floor on the balcony. People called the security but everything stopped spontaneously.. The power of music. Cool

Oh.. sorry this is random but I also remember that I saw Macaulay Culkin when I was next to the VIP room. He is probably a friend of Jack Dishel.

Anyway.. I'm glad you like the recording! I can't wait to see regina again! Smiler