Sign in to follow this  
Appt

Regina in the Live Room (Warner Sound)

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

Perhaps there is something that happened with the audio when being converted to a YouTube-friendly format.

Not trying to be a bitch but that is definitely not possible.

Yeah! It definitely is possible. However, the responses from Phil have indicated that since there was no editing done in the studio, there is obviously no problem. (When, really, there is something not quite right...)

It would be awesome to have a professional listen to it and figure it out, but it's really not that big of a deal. It would just be awesome to have these recordings in the pure format, they're great!!

Actually. The word "stumbling" in the first verse of nmqp is a little high in pitch. That would have been the easiest thing to fix if they were using melodyne or auto-tune. Her voice is definitely filtered in some way. She doesn't sound like she usually does. But the gun sounds in atrb don't sound the same either. I suspect it's the microphone qualities and the mix. Her voice is definitely layered on top and has lost some dynamics. And open sounds even more perfect than on the record.vocal wize. I don't know... But if it was pitch corrected all the way through there are a few more things to fix. I don't know. I'm not an expert. It does sound different.

I think it sounds like they are trying to make it like a "live" show but then it doesn't sound that way at all. It's like a fancy live show or something weird like that.

Does anyone else think it looks like she is wearing fake eyelashes?

I'm not particularly a fan of Kelly Clarkson but I happened to watch an interview with her a while ago. She talked about how she was annoyed when, on her past albums, someone would just come in and pitch correct her voice. She mentioned that a lot of audio engineers just come into the studio and do what they've been taught to do (or what they are used to doing). It's not that they think the singer has a bad voice, they just come in and go "okay, let's see... EQ, compress, limit, pitch correct, reverb. Alright did my job - bye!"

I have a feeling that's what happened here. I have read the comments on the Patron Saint video and some people are so against the fact that her voice has been altered that they are calling people stupid who think so. It reminds me of that episode of Family Guy when Peter tried arguing with the stubborn mule. It does happen to the best singers - often times for no reason. I hope Warner will re-upload the originals or something.