srg

2012 Fall Tour

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

quote:
Originally posted by himynameism:

I think she has taken to facing the other direction now...At least she played that way at the show last night.

Oh no, for real?! well that just messes everything up!

And oy vey, $100 for the Beacon? :o

WAAAA... I mean, i think the whole idea is to have the piano facing the proper direction so the open part delivers sound outwards, right?!

I think that depends... it's my understanding that at these types of concerts, piano lids are left open only if a mixture of the piano's real sound and a midi sampling of the piano are being used. If the piano's real sound is being 100% used, with no midi sampling, the lid is left closed. (I learned this from an interview with Tori Amos's sound engineers, so I don't know if it applies to all artists, but I've extrapolated that if there are mic's in the piano and the lid is open, it probably doesn't matter which direction the piano is facing, in terms of acoustics and sound travelling, since the sound is being projected into the speakers anyway.)

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

quote:
Originally posted by himynameism:

I think she has taken to facing the other direction now...At least she played that way at the show last night.

Oh no, for real?! well that just messes everything up!

And oy vey, $100 for the Beacon? :o

WAAAA... I mean, i think the whole idea is to have the piano facing the proper direction so the open part delivers sound outwards, right?!

I think that depends... it's my understanding that at these types of concerts, piano lids are left open only if a mixture of the piano's real sound and a midi sampling of the piano are being used. If the piano's real sound is being 100% used, with no midi sampling, the lid is left closed. (I learned this from an interview with Tori Amos's sound engineers, so I don't know if it applies to all artists, but I've extrapolated that if there are mic's in the piano and the lid is open, it probably doesn't matter which direction the piano is facing, in terms of acoustics and sound travelling, since the sound is being projected into the speakers anyway.)

What way would she probably be facing in a smaller venue? If she's facing left I might be a little screwed in terms of seeing her face. Darn that piano lid!!!

I got Beacon tickets.. woo=hoo!. Orchestra W 33 and 34, my co-worker was good enough to use his AMEX card and I reimbursed him.. American Card holders can get a presale, Chase card users can pre-order starting tomorrow, and if you want to use stubhub (*cough-ripoff-cough*)you can get them now.. good luck to all!

Got my tickets for the Atlanta show this past weekend!! I'm so excited, can't wait till November. This will be my first time seeing her, and the venue she's playing here is really awesome. Just too excited for words hehe.

Here's a video of the concert in Berlin on 22nd of July, I made:

Unfortunately, my SD card was full after four songs... I did record a few other songs with my iPod, however. But their quality's really bad, so I didn't upload them.