Sign in to follow this  
savannahspektor

Regina nominated for MTV music video awards!!

I was looking on youtube when i found this out (not on facebook) and people were saying that they don't want it to win because they don't want her to become really mainstream and have everyone know her amazing talent! haha. And also i was wondering since she was nominated, she's going to be there right? So maybe we'll see Regi on the big screenSmiler

quote:
Originally posted by savannahspektor:

people were saying that they don't want it to win because they don't want her to become really mainstream and have everyone know her amazing talent!

... Pfff. Roll Eyes

I think that's amazing!! 'All the Rowboats' is competing with four other videos : http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2012/best-art-direction/

I saw on Facebook a comment that said that MTV is not a reference for music and video anymore. I don't know.. I don't have MTV here, what do you think? I really hope this will attract new Regina fans. Smiler

Exactly. My question is, Why in the hell is this the first of one of reginas videos thats ever been nominated?! And of course with society today most of the votes will go to katy perry. *rolling my eyes* Nothin against her music but people don't know Regina and how amazing she is or any of her other music!? I totally agree with her being reglegated on just one. And who is choosing the winner?! Whoever is is obviously going to go with something more mainstream to please the fans

i agree that mtv isn't some great music authority, but i agree with savannah: they're so popular that this will certainly gain more attention for regina, so good for mtv! Big Grin

I personally am not in love with the video for all the rowboats. it's cool, but it also seems campy, because the style is slick, but that seems to be where the main focus is.

I think Don't Leave Me's video is waaaaay better and in a weird way, it actually suits regina's music very well. I say it's weird because usually music + video is very hard to coordinate style-wise. But whatever, if the video for AtR sucked (totally doesn't!) i'd still be happy to see recognition for regina! Let's hope some new fans get a chance to experience the whirlwind romance that is Reginitis! Wink