Sign in to follow this  
GreenStandsForLove

Has anyone met Regina lately after a show?

She is indeed very small. Perhaps about 5'2, though in an interview she has said that she's 5'4. I don't know how that's possible though, because I absolutely tower over her and I am about 5'7ish. She is not just short though, she is also tiny: petite in every sense of the word, and you just can't get that from pictures. The first two times I met her, I could not stop myself from squealing, "Oh my goodness, she's so small!" (hopefully) out of earshot, though this past time I managed to contain myself. Still unable to speak full sentences around her though. I just remember her eyes being so so blue even though it was very dark out. She is so wonderful.

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

She is indeed very small. Perhaps about 5'2, though in an interview she has said that she's 5'4. I don't know how that's possible though, because I absolutely tower over her and I am about 5'7ish. She is not just short though, she is also tiny: petite in every sense of the word, and you just can't get that from pictures. The first two times I met her, I could not stop myself from squealing, "Oh my goodness, she's so small!" (hopefully) out of earshot, though this past time I managed to contain myself. Still unable to speak full sentences around her though. I just remember her eyes being so so blue even though it was very dark out. She is so wonderful.

Do you happen to know where I can find that interview? I'm not tall either I'm only fourteen so not done growin yet, but it would be funny if I was taller than Regina. I'm sooo nervous to meet her because I don't know what to say... I don't wanna like pass out or anything haha, because I honestly think that could happen. I think all that's gonna be able to sneak out of my mouth (if anything) is something like "Regina, can I get a quick picture?" *wink wink* lol You have any tips on what to say? Conversation starters? I don't want Regina to think I'm awkward which I'm not just starstruck.

Yeah, that was me. Smiler

I've met her after shows at least 4 times now. You're chances are really good that she'll come out!! Big Grin

The biggest obstacle is that you might have to wait a while for her to come out. I think the longest I've had to wait was like two and a half hours or so. Also, take what security says with a grain of salt, some venues they'll try to make you think she's already left or that she's not coming out; that's most likely wrong (especially if her bus is still there).

quote:
Originally posted by savannahspektor:

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

Do you happen to know where I can find that interview? I'm not tall either I'm only fourteen so not done growin yet, but it would be funny if I was taller than Regina. I'm sooo nervous to meet her because I don't know what to say... I don't wanna like pass out or anything haha, because I honestly think that could happen. I think all that's gonna be able to sneak out of my mouth (if anything) is something like "Regina, can I get a quick picture?" *wink wink* lol You have any tips on what to say? Conversation starters? I don't want Regina to think I'm awkward which I'm not just starstruck.

"I’m very small. Well, actually, I’m not that small. I’m five-four..."

I really wouldn't worry about it, like Raph said. She is very sweet and understanding. The last time I met her, it was kind of "my turn" and all I could do was stand there with a deer-in-the-headlights expression on my face and I couldn't get words to come out. She just stood there looking at me expectantly for what seemed like a very long time, until finally I found my voice.

quote:
Originally posted by savannahspektor:

One other thing, who on this forum has given Regina a hug? Thats the american dream right there. How would I go about doing that?

She gives the best hugs in the world! Seriously!

Also I would have to agree she is probably 5'2 maybe 5'3. I'm about 5'5 and she was only a couple inches shorter so this is my educated guess Smiler

Also when you meet her, don't hesitate to say hello/take a picture/get stuff signed/etc... Although Regi is more than willing to do all of these things, if there is a large crowd her bodyguard peeps will move her along. You just gotta get in there any say hi no matter how nervous you might be!