Sign in to follow this  
Appt

Tonight Show w/ Leno (2012-08-16)

I a sorry I missed and thank you very much for calling our attention to this absolutely perfect performance. (As a member of, say, the prior generation, I also so love that Leno's people are picking up on that Rolling Stone reference to Regi as "this generation's Joni Mitchell")

A great quote.. From the RS review of Cheap Seats:

"Spiking piano-driven songs of heartbreak with comic turns of phrase, cartoon voices and beatboxing outbursts, Regina Spektor has become her generation's Joni Mitchell – a singer-songwriter who nail-guns emotional truths between wisecracks."

Just wanted to thank you again for posting those links. I love this song. I also sent it to a friend of mine that this song appeals to as well. Needless to say, Regina has two more fans! Smiler

This show reaired the night of the 12th, and I recorded it in High Definition. The only problem with HD videos is the much greater file size, and lack of large file sharing sites. For instance the version that Appt provided was about 48mb, and the HD version I have is 375mb edited!

I do like the Zippyshare site! And posted a sample of the HD version to check out the differences. (Sigh, if only Zippy took files larger than 200mb.)

http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/94028000/file.html

Anyway, if anyone is interested in getting the full HD video let me know. I dont know how to do it but pretty sure it can be done. I posted an HD video of the Fallon appearance in that thread, but I dont know how I got that one under 300mb to post on sendspace! The length of this one is the same and I am still stuck at 375 mb!! Oh well.

I certainly dont want to distract from the great links already offered, but rather add to them for the die hards out there! Smiler

Anyway its been a long hard day give your thoughts on how to share it if you want it. Smiler

Cheers