Sign in to follow this  
almostspotless

A Gift for Regina!

I really like the photo idea!

Also, I think the quilt is cute, but a little creepy. I wouldn't want to snuggle up with a blanket made by a bunch of strangers x). Sometimes I just try to think of things from the artist's point of view, and it's really for us as eager, loving fans to cross the line. (Especially when we don't know where her line is).

But the photo idea is really clever and creative!

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

I wouldn't want to snuggle up with a blanket made by a bunch of strangers x).

You and most other probably do it every day. Is it creepier to have something handmade by people you know of than by people in factories? Just sayin' handmade quilts are relatively coveted. Where I live the Amish make a killing on them.

But I realize it to be more of an undertaking than a book and fabric maybe more of a challenge than paper for some.

What I meant was that I feel the blanket is just a little too personal. Maybe because a blanket is sort of an intimate thing that I feel like it's a bit awkward. Maybe that's just me and my taste!

I feel like a quilt is something you give a relative or a friend, not a celebrity/musician/public figure.

I know we all love regina, but I think when we do this fan gifts, it is easy to forget it is her music that brings us together. So doing something that celebrates that as much as possible would be really great.

I understand what you mean, but I think Regina would understand where we're coming from with it. It's an artistic gift from a community dedicated to an artist.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

I would love to participate! I don't have facebook but if it'd be easier for you guys I could create a "fake" one just to join the group...?

Has someone helped Radka out or did she just email? Never saw anyone respond to her...