Sign in to follow this  
dshuks

Braille would be a hit song

So I've been listening to Regina's song braille lately, and I'm really confused as to why Regina has not put it on a record yet.

Not only is it a great emotional song but I think it could really be a hit single for Regina.

Like I said it sounds great, has nice lyrics, and actually sounds like it could break into the mainstream like fidelity did.

Actually and this might sound crazy, I feel as though if marketed correctly as an almost Taylor Swift esque ( but better obviously) country ballad, it could even be bigger than fidelity.

Anyone else agree?

quote:
Originally posted by dshuks:

So I've been listening to Regina's song braille lately, and I'm really confused as to why Regina has not put it on a record yet.

Not only is it a great emotional song but I think it could really be a hit single for Regina.

Like I said it sounds great, has nice lyrics, and actually sounds like it could break into the mainstream like fidelity did.

Actually and this might sound crazy, I feel as though if marketed correctly as an almost Taylor Swift esque ( but better obviously) country ballad, it could even be bigger than fidelity.

Anyone else agree?

Here's a cool thread on Fidelity.

http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...688/m/1351023122/p/1

I think Braille (which was on 11:11 I believe) is an astonishing song (worthy of a young Joni Mitchell which is about as high a compliment as I can think of). I believe it could very well be a hit.. but probably in Europe rather than the US.

I say that because the slow, contemplative nature of the song would be a better match for Europe than the US (in my opinion, anyway). If you look at some of the artists whose popularity

in Europe exceeds that of the US, this seems to support this:

Kate Bush (especially Wuthering Heights, which was huge in Europe, but did not make a dent in the US).

Eva Cassidy, who while certainly has her US fans, reached huge posthumous #1 status in the UK.

Regina herself, is very popular in Europe and seemed to gain very rapid acceptance...

I am curious to hear other thoughts on this...

I believe she got tired of it. I can't find it right now, but I know there is one (or maybe a few) show(s) on respektonline were people have called out Braille and she didn't want to play it. I remember one specifically were she was like "No... I don't want to. Ha! Isn't it cool that I can just do that?" and then went on playing something else.