Sign in to follow this  
Be like the water, people.

The New Forum

Forum and post title fonts look really bold for me in Firefox and don't look very clean. The font looks better in Internet Explorer and Chrome but it still looks out of place. Other than that it looks really nice.

Oh wow, I don't really have any smart input for this conversation, I just needed to come and express my bewilderment. I liked how the old forum was so... old and looked so dated, I thought it was a cute time capsule in the internet. This new one does look sharp, though. Even with Regina's face and hands creeping to my screen unexpectedly... :D Maybe the new forum will inspire me to become an active stixer again, that would be nice!Edit: What is this "0 warning points" text under my amount of posts? (Apparently you're the only one who can see your warning points, cause I only see it in my own profile.) Do we get warnings for being naughty? Like in primary school when one of our teachers had our names on the blackboard and once you had a certain number of minus marks next to your name, you would get detention or a note to your parents... How scary/exciting, I'll have to start behaving myself! :D

This is going to take some getting used to, but I think I like it!

The only thing I'm really disappointed with is that there's still no shop! I didn't get to buy anything at the last show, but I thought maybe the update might fix that. Oh well.

And I just want to thank you Tina! You always take good care of us :D

After messing around with everything for a little while and generally getting the hang of it, I actually really love it. It's very streamlined now, so I say good job to the people who worked on this!

I have a couple questions, though.

In the settings for Notifications, it gives you the option to receive Push Notifications. Is there a way to utilize this [yet]? I would love to be able to get Brümstix posts on my iPod.

My other question is, when I click on the link for a thread on the homepage, it sometimes takes me to the most recent post, but a majority of the time it takes me to the very first post. Is this a bug, or a hidden mechanic?

Edit: Two more questions, is there an RSS feed I can get like with the old forums? Also, will the old forum link eventually die, or will it stay up for a while?

Edited by RJLupin2

If you're using a mobile device you may want to check out the "Change Theme" button near the bottom of the page. Just tried it (IP.Board Mobile). It's formatted in the more familiar way that some folks have alluded to. I am pleased by the changes including the default "Full Version" Theme with the reg's?? fingers. The PM feature is great. Change is good...

I love the toast faces! :D

I really like the new Brumstix, beautiful and more functional! I feel more comfortable with the old style but I guess I'll get used to the new one. The only thing I'm disappointed with is that it's hard to distinguish recent topics and old ones (at least for me).

Oh.. and "This is a place where I hope people while write their ideas and share" is gone.. Well, it's not that big a deal.

Ha! A like button. About time, ey? The "next unread topic" button is a great idea, but it doesn't seem to work that well. Maybe it's just now in the beginning, maybe it can't tell what posts I've read on my phone and so on. And it takes me to the very first post of the thread instead of the most recent, which is very annoying. It's so weird that brümstix is actually on the same page as reginaspektor.com now.

And when I try to be a toast face as well it says the file can't be larger than 50 kb if I want to use it. How do I fix this? Sounds strange.