Sign in to follow this  
almostspotless

10/6 Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts; Storrs, CT

We can officially have a topic about this now! Yay! We've already talked about it a lot, but it's really not official without posting here.

This will definitely go down as one of the best evenings of my (albeit rather short) life.

The show itself was incredible. Regina was in top form, and was more effortless and spectacular than ever. Then hanging out with you guys and presenting Regina with the book just tipped the whole experience right over the edge. So here are the pictures that I already posted on the old brumstix, but should probably be immortalized on the new brumstix too. :)

Screenshot2012-10-07at41939PM.png

Screenshot2012-10-07at41542PM.png

Screenshot2012-10-07at41914PM.png

(courtesy of Raph)

550718_10151103337701964_1103682782_n.jpg

Courtesy of Betsy

304349_10151103338306964_2002831984_n.jpg

courtesy of Betsy

I have to agree, Mikaela, this will go down as one of the best evenings for me, too. It was honestly magical, as cliched as that is to say. After she left I was just like not able to think straight. I was in a fog, haha.

A fog of awesomeness, that is!

I actually had a funny story from my Dad that night that I've been wanting to post here, but obviously the forum change got in the way. Anyway.

So, Jack was in the lobby after the show, and my Dad being a chatty guy decided he'd go up and talk to him. I guess he introduced himself like "Hi, I'm Raph's Dad!", and Jack replied with "Oh, so you're Mr Bingham!". My Dad, the rest of the night, just kept asking me how he knew his last name, and was just generally flabbergasted! :D

It's been almost a week and he still talks about it, actually, haha.

Regina was absolutely amazing! Everyone who went with me was highly impressed/in love by the end of the night.

Sorry I couldn't stick around to meet her with you guys! I didn't realize so many of you would be there. That's really cool though, and I'm glad she liked the book. :D

This really was one of the best shows I have ever been to! She looks so happy the entire time! I mean she always looks happy but it felt different at this show if that makes sense. She said so many great things! Some of my favorite lines:

" There's always that nice person who says play whatever you want. Do you feel guilty? I'm a Jewish girl from the Bronx, I'm allowed to make you feel guilty."

" It's fucking water. Of course it's good"

"you're too tipsy to count" directed at the guy that kept slow clapping during us.

" I don't believe anyone should be judged by their quality of water."

There were so many others but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Hopefully someone recorded it all....

The day was really perfect! From eating dinner with some of you lovely people, to hanging out in front of the stage before the show, to handing over the book afterward....you guys are wonderful! I still cannot believe the whole night happened. It felt like we all were just in a hazy fog as Raph mentioned. We all just floated to our cars in complete bliss :)

Oh! And here are some pictures on my boyfriend's flickr from the night if you want to look! http://www.flickr.com/photos/30906357@N06/

She was so amazing at Jorgenson!

While I wandered around backstage just looking for a hug for 40 minutes, I thought she had left and I missed the culmination of the last 3 years of my life lol. Luckily I got to the bus in time, and at the same time you guys handed her the book.

It looked amazing and even not being apart of it Im so happy Regina has fans as loyal as you guys, you rock.

btw. I got my hug, a little conversation, and most important, she giggled. I MADE HER LAUGH (not hard but its the point)

Regina was absolutely amazing! Everyone who went with me was highly impressed/in love by the end of the night.

Sorry I couldn't stick around to meet her with you guys! I didn't realize so many of you would be there. That's really cool though, and I'm glad she liked the book. :D

Oh no, I wish we could have met you! I feel like we have been to so many of the same shows, and have never seen each other.

Also, Robert, I happen to be in the background of your picture with Regina... it continues to mystify me how you missed us, but what can ya do. :P

I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful night!! :)

Originally posted by himynameism:

"There's always that nice person who says play whatever you want. Do you feel guilty? I'm a Jewish girl from the Bronx, I'm allowed to make you feel guilty."

Haha, I told her to play whatever she wanted when I saw her at Paris. B)

I love that quote, some people are a little rude during concerts..